Ridiculous FPS issues

by VDR42069

Original Post

Ridiculous FPS issues

★★★ Newbie

I purchased NFS 2016 while on sale on Steam a few days ago along with NFS Heat. I've been playing through NFS 2016 and the game is almost unplayable.

I get insane FPS drops or stutters or whatever you want to call it constantly. It runs at 60 FPS usually and then out of nowhere drops to 8 FPS for a solid 5 seconds or so before returning to 60. It happens so frequently that in a 2 minute sprint race, it could happen 5 - 6 times. 

The graphics settings do not matter. Whether on low or ultra, I get the same FPS drops constantly.

I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL504GM with

CPU: i7-8750

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB of RAM

Game is installed on SSD 

I've tried everything on the forums (repair game, disable Origin, clean boot, power profile etc...), everything on Google (change render resolution to 0.9 or 0.8 in Origin game preferences, NVidia 3D settings configurations, even just optimizing my OS to run games better) to no avail.

The fact that I can't run a 5 year old game but I can run much newer and much more demanding games with no issue is ridiculous.

I've seen multiple people with this issue and nothing seems to be done about it or no solution ever works. 

Message 1 of 1 (586 Views)