[PC]Unable To Play In Fullscreen

by DuraZellDincht

Original Post

Re: Full Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 I checked my DPI, it is at 100%, all updates are installed for Win 8.1. The gaming profile is also set for Need For Speed.

The problem still persists.

Message 21 of 217 (14,224 Views)

Re: [Help] Need For Speed Fullscreen Problem

★ Guide

@Ricardosll, try hitting alt + enter when you start your game. Hope that helps. (Hold alt and press enter).

Message 22 of 217 (14,207 Views)

Re: [Help] Need For Speed Fullscreen Problem

★★★ Novice

@XTwiztedChaosX, Hello! I have the same problem as @Ricardosll and I've been looking for solution for two days. Alt+tab doesn't help. NFS tries to run the full screen, but turns back to window mode the next moment. The same happens when the game starts. It tries to maximise 3 times, but it can't. Now I'm trying to reinstall the game. Hope it will work. 

May be there is any other ways to fix it?

Message 23 of 217 (14,086 Views)

full screen issue

★★★ Novice

i seem to be having problems running the game in fullscreen mode. In the graphics settings, i have disabled windows mode but it is still running in windowed mode.

Alt-enter while in game dosent seem to work as well. I currently have a gaming laptop on windows 8.1 with gtx970 graphics and i7-4710 processor. Settings for the GPU have been toggled to gaming settings and enabled maximum performance for the game. Also updated to the latest driver.

Also im running my laptop on an external monitor at 1080p. But thats not the issue. Even when unplugged and running on my laptop's screen it is still unable to run fullscreen,

Hope to get it resolved so i can enjoy the game in its glorious display.

Message 24 of 217 (14,074 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same problem. I use a laptop too. @Straatford87, I'm going to follow all your  advices and write about results. Thank you.

Message 25 of 217 (14,093 Views)

★★★ Novice

And... It didn't help.

Message 26 of 217 (14,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This might sound really simple, but try alt-tabbing out, then back in. It works for me when the game doesn't start fullscreen somehow.

Message 27 of 217 (14,072 Views)

EA DICE Team

@los799

On your dxdiag I noticed that your gpu drivers are outdated. Download the latest drivers, then do a clean install--the Nvidia setup process has a method of doing a clean install by selecting "custom".

I also noticed that are running a resolution of 5760 x 1080 while your monitor's native mode is 2000 x 1000, you might also want to look into changing that. Since I didn't see any extra monitor's in your dxdiag, are you playing on a TV?

@JellyBeeBean

I checked your dxdiag and from what I can tel the 860M doesn't actually meet the requirements for this game. However, I notice that you have a 4GB version of the card which in turn I am not sure about. Can you please also test if your system meets the requirements

@Prfrtr

You are running a 860M as well, which does not fully meet the minimum requirements of this game, which could cause issues with running the game in fullscreen (or running the game at all, for that matter).

@Shonox

Can you please also upload a dxdiag?

I would definitely suggest that you all try the suggestion made by @Halycyon, which is alt-tabbing out and back in again.

Message 28 of 217 (14,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87  Thank you for helping us and replying promptly.

Please find attached the DxDiag for my system.

Message 29 of 217 (14,051 Views)

★★ Novice
@Straatford87

I've been noticed that my drivers was outdated after I did post my problem. Updated it.

And you won't noticed the extra monitors because I'm using Nvidia Surround technology, that transforms all monitors in one, expanding its resolution.

So... All my monitors are natively fullhd, drivers updated, already try to disable the surround and try to run it in one screen only (1920x1080). Unsuccessfully.

I think it's a case for a patch.
Message 30 of 217 (14,045 Views)