[PC] Origin doesn't have access to installed version of game

by chinlessbeard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Origin doesn't have access to installed version of game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I launch the game, it tells me my origin account doesn't have access to the installed language, And that I have to reinstall it in an allowed language.

How do I find which language the game is supposed to be installed in?

Message 1 of 7 (491 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Origin doesn't have access to installed version of game

★★ Novice

I reinstalled Origin and it works flawlessly...

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (396 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Did you buy a Rus/Cis copy off of G2A (or comparable site) and enter the CD key? Or use a vpn to purchase your copy? Because that looks unsettlingly similar to a region lock...

Message 2 of 7 (470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. I did purchase this key off of g2a. It did state that it was a ORIGIN CD-KEY GLOBAL.

Think I may have been duped.

Message 3 of 7 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah it's possible someone sold you a region specific key instead of a global key. (I'm assuming you aren't in Russia?) Since you didn't buy it through Origin, EA won't help you. From experience, (assuming you got the G2A Shield thing with your purchase) you should be able to contact G2A customer support and they can (probably) help you out. Usually they'll try and resolve the issue since they love to have good customer satisfaction ratings... unlike some companies... #WCIA2k12&2k13 . But really, (EA dont ban me pls) G2A (with shield of course) generally isn't that bad and is usually pretty sure to give you the stuff you actually ordered. If you don't mind me asking though, what country are you actually from? That can sometimes affect region locks if you live in an area that has a region lock (although i thought EA only region locked a few eastern European countries)

Message 4 of 7 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks again. I'm from Australia. I'm also not 100% sure if I had g2a shield on. G2A Shield was active at the time, I just checked.

Message 5 of 7 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah Australia has some **ity laws that make seperate pricing for online sold games difficult, so you probably would have to pay the US equivalent. Unlike Russia where you pay $20 USD less than the US does (cause their country is primarily poorer people). You shouldn't have any issues with not being able to play a global version then, although sometimes south-east asia gets a region lock, but ive never seen Australia included in one of those (NZ ive seen included once or twice though). One thing you could try, is resetting your language in origin to Russian (and hope to god you remember what buttons to press) and then see if the game will start. I'm not sure how EA does their region locks so it could be a fruitless effort, but if it works it would give you some clarification as to the origin (haha origin) of your CD-key.

Just a general thought to anyone looking to buy the game, 

considering there seems to be quite a few people having issues similar to this (and with g2a being so popular) it's possible somebody on g2a is just selling keys regardless of if they are region locked (or maybe Rus/cis keys only lol)  under the guise of global keys. I.e. scamming people b/c the seller doesnt care and wants to make a quick buck. I'd recommend either not buying NFS2k15 from g2a or at a minimum getting the g2a Shield, for a little while just b/c anybody could get shafted

Message 6 of 7 (396 Views)

★★ Novice

I reinstalled Origin and it works flawlessly...

Message 7 of 7 (397 Views)