[PC]Can't Accelerate, Handbrake Stuck, Controller Doesn't Work

by StregKoden

Original Post

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yeah of cours I thought about that and after I tried today I stuck in Decals Settings. Couldn't go out had to force close the game... Okay then I went over to try it with a normal 360 controller... No luck either same problems... funny is that it isn't recognized the whole time obviously because the tooltips etc. still use the keyboard mapings until I hit any bumper or whatever. Well now I HAVE TO play it with the keyboard and I suck at it. Unless you guys wanna make me an additional gift for my birthday and send me a Wheel? Party hat

Message 81 of 149 (3,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having an issue with my G27 wheel, if I set dead zone for brake to 100% I can easily accelerate, but then cannot brake. So this fixes the constant brake problem many others have had but then I have no control of my car. The issue is that NFS does not recognize that there are two axes (one for accelerate and one for brake). I have confirmed this when I try to manually set the Accelerator and Brake pedals in the game: when I press the brake pedal, the game states I am pressing the Throttle. I have confirmed that the Logitech Profiler is not reporting both on the same axis, and disabled all other profilers. I also notice that another user reported the same problem... Ideas? 

Message 82 of 149 (3,376 Views)

Community Manager

@Concision3342

What happens if you set the deadzone to ~10% ?

barry.png
Message 83 of 149 (3,370 Views)

Re: [PC]Can't Accelerate, Handbrake Stuck, Controller Doesn't Work

★★ Novice

Hi everyone, i had the same problem with my Keyboard, i solved the problem very easly. i was trying to play with my keyboard, suddenly i remembered that; there was another joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick) took in my PC and i took out USB of my Joystick on my PC and problem solved. i think, when i was trying to go to the right side, Keyboard buttom and Joystick conflict. 

Message 84 of 149 (3,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think I have found a solution for this with Logitech Rumblepad 2.

1. I downloaded Logitech Profiler to map keyboard keys into gamepad. (i.e: when i press triegger Im really pressing W to accelerate). Good program beacuase you can map sticks too. I mapped a key withaout any action to Y axis on direction stick for example (some weird resulst if I didnt do this because game still keep Y stick axis to accelerate).

2. Second and the most importan, I´ve noteiced the stuck problem gets solved when you press some keys on keyboard, as pressing "T" for example, so since I want all buttons funtional on my gamepad I´ve created a macro into mouse program, just ordering a button pressing T all the time.

Voila, I can do anything in a normal way. Im still trying this solution, I know its a bit rude, but seems it works.

I think you can do tha same with other gamepad programs like Xpadder or Xbos360 ce, but diditn tryed myseld. I dont know if Logitech Profiler supports other gamepad brands.

I hope i´ve explained myself clearly, my english is a bit rude, and I hope you find this helpfull.

Regards.

Message 85 of 149 (3,176 Views)

EA DICE Team

@LucBeast

Well written post - your information is more than clear. Thanks a lot for posting this, I hope it will help out other Rumblepad players.

Message 86 of 149 (3,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

All of you guys are joking? This is a full game realease and after few months from it realese they cannot fix that simple bug? Damn after all this changes now I can drive, but in customization Xbox controler doesnt work!!!

One last thing - sticks on gamepad work just like keybord - light left turn is read as 100% turning - it's not pleyable on gamepad!!

It's really bad idea to left this as is EA, I must say you are the worst developer I've ever seen. How you could realese game with all that efford for graphics and this lame move cutscenes and scew the steering?

I'm waiting for response. And a patch.

Message 87 of 149 (2,862 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Deviianne

Which Xbox controller are you using? I would also recommend to check out thread detailing how to resolve issues with controllers:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Troubleshooting-for-Wheels-Controllers-Controls/td-p/52...

Note that what you are experiencing appears to be an issue with your settings or controller, and not with the game itself.

Message 88 of 149 (2,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm using Xbox One S controller, connectec via bluetooth to updated windows 10. No other drivers or software used. Usually other games just switch to controler mode and everything works fine. Here everytime I hit the buton on controler the game change it's controls images to Xbox controler but then imidietly to keybord.

I've tried those actions from the link and it hasn't help. For example I cannot unmap all stering wheel buttons becouse they do not read keybord input.. so how I can do this?

Also those actions doesnt help in analog steering in Xbox controler - as Ig said before, when I move a little the analog it reads it like hitting left button on keybord. I've tried to change the deadzone and other sliders - nothing helps.

Other things like breaking and accelerating problems I've solved myself reading this thread before, but it doesnt change the fact that you have spend few hours of searching and reading to fix something that should be working in the first place! And still as I mention before - steering is horribly wrong, not playable.

Message 89 of 149 (2,828 Views)

★ Novice

Its been three months since you posted this. I just recent;y bought the game for PC and I am having the exact issue. Iv'e tried everything. Where you able to get it fixed? If not I'm demanding my money back

Message 90 of 149 (2,786 Views)