[PC]Can't Accelerate, Handbrake Stuck, Controller Doesn't Work

by StregKoden

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC]Can't Accelerate, Handbrake Stuck, Controller Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

First sorry for my English.
- I'm from Denmark and user (google to help)

Video: https://youtu.be/vw1QHZjs0Ac
(
Sorry for the low FPS)

I have attached a link to a video.
As most precise, showing my problem with my car.

I can not run more than 85 times, when it finally hits the 85th
go on down to the approximately 60-70. And I must then accelerates again.
-- I can use nitro boost my speed to about 95 km/t

- This is very frustrating.

At the end of the clip, I keep quiet and, the car accelerates again.
But in fact, I keep the handbrake fully.
shortly after it switches from neutral to reverse.
and in the eye blinks I do not keep "space bar" below.
then reverses after switching to reverse.

-------------------------------------

I have been in contact EA Customer Support.
Unfortunately, this is an error indicates to be incorporated in the game.
and I would therefore like to know if anyone else has the same mistake, or something similar.

Need for coming focusing on this problem so that it can be corrected by "Ghost Game".

So I and others can enjoy the game, with this error, it's not just because I will be first in the queue for the game (when it is released)

I have tried the following:
I removed the webcam, headset and mouse. from my computer.
In order to be sure that is not the result of a hardware failure.

I started the game with windows 7 properties.
Then vehicles; p with with and without admin.
Have also tried me with admin in windows 10th

I have Rydet cache files (origin), and windows cache files.
I boot my windows 10 with clean startup settings.
And other little things I can not remember.

No, this has corrected the error, and therefore there is great reason to believe.
it is an error in the coding of the game.

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 - 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770K | 3.5 GHz (4 core)
GPU: GTX 760 ASUS
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance Pro 16 GB - 1866 Mhz
PSU: XFX - ProSeries XXX Edition 850W
Motherboard: MSI - Z87 XPOWER
Monitor: BenQ - 27" Xl2720L
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500 Gb. (Game install here)

Gaming Gear:

Keyboard:  ROCCAT Ryos mk fx
Mouse: ROCCAT Tyon
Mouse pad: ROCCAT Hiro
Headset: Logitech G430

I fix the problem some weeks ago.
I just change my settings.

Accelerator dead zone 100% (original from 0)
Break dead zone 100% (original from 0)

Message 42 of 149 (77,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Update:

There is a now a sticky related to issues with Wheels, Controllers and in-game controls:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Wheels-Controllers-Controls-Troubleshooting/td-p/523005...

If you found a solution or workaround that you want added to the sticky, please send me a private message.

Additional solution by @Malikh822, if you are using an Xbox One S controller:

Spoiler
My short term solution is to plug your Xbox One S controller into the computer using Micro USB and downloading "Xbox Accessories" via the Windows 10 app store to update the controller. I was then able to use the controller to play the game, but only when connected via the Micro USB cord.

View in thread

Message 75 of 149 (58,882 Views)

All Replies

New NEED FOR SPEED (2016) Controller issues

★★★★ Novice

Hi I have purchased the Deluxe version of "Need for Speed" as an origin monthly subscriber I downloaded the trial tonight.

Immediately there was an issue with controllers which showed itself in the cars throttle not working hardly and like the handbrake was permanently on.

I have these controllers fitted:
XBOX 360 controller (all original)
Saitek X52 Hotas

If I throttle up on either the xbox360 controller or the x52 it shows the same problems, however when you go into setting it does not list either joystick (rather it shows an xbox one controller and a steering wheel) so I decided to use the keyboard instead.. nope.. even that does not work..

Extremely frustrating conversation with EA tech sup' (call centre in india with a man there telling me to unplug everything reload windows and redo drivers etc..

However.. I own many other "Need for Speed" titles and so I loaded each one of those up.. zero issues!?!

So the tech'sup guy told me to wipe windows 10 and try reloading from scratch!!!

WTF!

Has anyone here had the same issues and can anyone else help else I'm going to have to get a refund something I know is extremely difficult (in fact it was impossible last time I had an issue).

Someone PLEASE HELP!! 

Message 1 of 149 (77,083 Views)

NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

★★★★ Novice

PC ACCELERATION PROBLEMS:

Hi, been playing the game for a couple of hours on pc - the early release access via origin. I cant accelerate over 50mph and getting up to that is extremely slow. when taking off it always skids for about the first 5 seconds at least no matter how gentle i am on the throttle. This unfortunately makes the game virtually unplayable as races take over 5minutes to complete for short sprint races. I have tried using my keyboard, 2 different xbox 360 controllers, and an xbox 360 steering wheel, ALL OF WHICH WORK on other games perfectly. It is not a controller issue. I also tried the throttle sensitivity settings but all they did was make the car skid on the spot when i was not throttling at all. please advise what i can do or get a patch out to fix this as i have been waiting for months and months to play this on my pc and am currently very dissappointed, and if it cannot be resolved i will be requesting a refund for my pre order purchase. I know its not your fault but just really really want to play Standard smile

Cheers

Teige

Message 2 of 149 (77,084 Views)

Re: New NEED FOR SPEED (2016) Controller issues

★★ Novice

I have the same issue xbox one controller on a windows 10 system. I do have the latest drivers for my nvidia card. Currently using a gtx 980 ti.

Hope they fix this soon.

Message 3 of 149 (77,069 Views)

★★ Novice

I had vjoy drivers installed and when I uninstalled them it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 149 (77,057 Views)

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

★★★★ Novice

I have even re-downloaded and re-installed and the bug still persists - so another 4 hours wasted - also got in a chat with your EA help people (very nice people) but unfortunately I'd tried everything they'd suggested to no avail. Please get onto this bug Standard smile

Message 5 of 149 (77,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Haha i had the same problem as well. i tried keyboard, 2 xbx 360 controllers, and an xbox steering wheel - i was limited to 50mph. i re downloaded and reinstallled the game still did nothing - i posted in here 1 1/2 days ago and tech hasnt come back - did the EA chat support and they couldnt figure anything i hadnt done already. just hoping they fix this asap

Message 6 of 149 (77,028 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tested it again today and exactly the same, removed joystick and keyboard with just the xbox 360 controller in and still limited to 50mph (downhill with a the wind up my *).

Message 7 of 149 (77,022 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok just got through to technical support again, and they said they are unsure what it is but have raised a bug report.

Please anyone that has this issue please let post here what you system specs are to help them find the issue.. here are my specs to start off with.

CPU: AMD FX8350 Black Edition 4GHZ

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ 4GB
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Ultra Durable F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard AMD A/Athlon Series P

RAM: 16GB Hyper X
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro
CONNECTED PERIPHERALS: 3x Acer 24" 1080p Monitors, X52 Hotas, Xbox 360 wireless adapter (and controller), Cyborg Rat 3 Mouse, Saitek Cyborg V.7 Wired USB Keyboard, Samsung CLP 320 Wireless Colour Laser Printer.

If anyone else cures this can you tell is exactly how you cured it also.. it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 8 of 149 (77,010 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Try reinstalling your xbox driver or looking thru Microsoft xbox driver site. My xbox one controller worked find with windows 10.

Message 9 of 149 (76,982 Views)