Need for Speed Carbon - Question About Online Server

by ChicaneMilos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed Carbon - Question About Online Server

★★★ Novice

Exactly, when or will be servers for this game offline in future? NFS MW2005, U2, World and other games are down, but Carbon is still up. So can anyone tell me will EA shutdown it in future?

Spoiler
Standard smile
Message 1 of 3 (4,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed Carbon - Question About Online Server

Community Manager

@ChicaneMilos

The online service for this game will be shut down at some point in the future, I do not have a specific date I can tell you though.

The first place to check is our online service update page as all service shutdown notifications are added there:

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (6,005 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ChicaneMilos

The online service for this game will be shut down at some point in the future, I do not have a specific date I can tell you though.

The first place to check is our online service update page as all service shutdown notifications are added there:

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (6,006 Views)

★ Guide

@ChicaneMilos  @EA_Barry  - the service update show a shutdown date of April 2013 for NFS Carbon, but apparently that was a shutdown date for one of the console versions. The PC version of Carbon online server is still running as of this reply (May 6, 2019). I've read that the online activation server needed for new account may be shut down, which would prevent the creation of new accounts, but I have no way to confirm this, since creation of an account is a one time occurrence. Looking at the online leaderboard activity, it appears that there are new players online (0 or very small online experience points), based on their stats, as well as activity from existing accounts (lots of online experience points), and my own very old account is still working. The activity level has dropped off quite a bit in the last few months. 

Message 3 of 3 (2,109 Views)