Need for Speed 2016 language change

by Abdul_MalikGhana

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed 2016 language change

★★★ Novice

Please anyone knows how to change the language of the new need for speed from Russian to English? thank you in advance

Message 1 of 33 (64,500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed 2016 language change

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Abdul_MalikGhana @amiga4ever @TAPE971 @exodus_cl @Th3Bl00dyN1n3r

The Russian and Polish versions of the game won't be able to change their language. This also means that the Standard version of the game won't be able to change language to either Russian or Polish.

For all other language changes you can right-click Need for Speed in Origin and select Game Properties.

EDIT:

Solution posted by @TAPE971 for when you cannot change the language of the international version through normal means:

I have finally changed the language to english. 

I had to change the language in my registry ( regedit.exe -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Need For Speed) and in origin as well. Doing only one of both DID NOT work for me.

View in thread

Message 10 of 33 (75,197 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

you can change the language in your registry

search for regedit.exe and open it, now before you change anything there i'd suggest a backup of your registry (file -> export)

next step: go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Need For Speed and change the value of the panel named "Locale" to en_US (or en_UK if you prefer british english)

Message 2 of 33 (64,431 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your comment but i tried that already but it did not work.

Message 3 of 33 (64,422 Views)

★ Guide

have you tried to change the game language to English in Origin in addition to the registry change? (RMB on the NFS Icon -> Game Properties)

Message 4 of 33 (64,420 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes in Origin it's in english but my location is Russia, so the game is in Russian but my origin is in English. Are you playing the game yourself? If yes, can you please upload for me your language files?

Message 5 of 33 (64,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, my game is in Spanish from Spain and it is a pain to hear the voices of the characters, I wanted to change the language to English, but nothing works!

Message 6 of 33 (64,404 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here, can't change the language from german to english, sounds just weird.

Message 7 of 33 (64,398 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That's why I prefer Steam games. There is never a problem with supported languages. Always multi-languages. I have also a problem with NFS because game not support every available languages. it's depend of region where was bought...

Message 8 of 33 (64,371 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, Origin is wrong for the Region thing. I am currently in Russia and i purchased the game and it's in Russian language, I'd prefer it in English but i can't change it. It's so frustrating!

Message 9 of 33 (64,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Abdul_MalikGhana @amiga4ever @TAPE971 @exodus_cl @Th3Bl00dyN1n3r

The Russian and Polish versions of the game won't be able to change their language. This also means that the Standard version of the game won't be able to change language to either Russian or Polish.

For all other language changes you can right-click Need for Speed in Origin and select Game Properties.

EDIT:

Solution posted by @TAPE971 for when you cannot change the language of the international version through normal means:

I have finally changed the language to english. 

I had to change the language in my registry ( regedit.exe -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Need For Speed) and in origin as well. Doing only one of both DID NOT work for me.

Message 10 of 33 (75,198 Views)