Re: Need For Speed 2015 | Falling Through Map Glitch (PC)

by xxxCROMxxx

Original Post

Need For Speed 2015 | Falling Through Map Glitch (PC)

★ Novice

So I've seen a couple of threads addressing this issue and quite a lot of people seem to have experienced it. Community managers have commented on the problem and have suggested "fixes", though I've tried out all the stated solutions and - nothing. These posts were in March. March. MARCH. That's almost a year now and there still isn't a fix to this.

I really enjoy the game, but I don't wanna live in the fear that all of a sudden there won't be a road under my car anymore after I pass a corner, go along the highway, etc. My PC does meet the minimum requirements, I run it on High-Ultra with stable FPS, putting the settings on low(er) doesn't help either. I've tured off every program except NFS, defragmented my Hard Drive, etc and the issue still hasn't gone away. I really hope someone has a working solution for me, becasue it absolutely ruins the game for me.

Specs:

Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20 GHz, 3201 MHz

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB

8GB RAM

Message 1 of 2 (546 Views)

Re: Need For Speed 2015 | Falling Through Map Glitch (PC)

★★ Guide

It is not a game glitch.  It is your rig glitch.  I proved it with the upgrading of my Rig.  Two things, I went from 6GB to 16GB RAM and also found my Ethernet adapter was set to a low setting so I opened it up to 100MB.  Not saying these things will fix your game play, but it improved mine to the point that I completed the game, Prestige mode and all.  

Also, look at your hard drive.  Under Task Manager, Performance, what does your hard drive do when you run the game.  Before I upgraded, mine was peaking out all the time.  Once I increased the RAM, that went down substantially.  Like down to10-20%. 

The Game is good, unfortunately, it is a resource hog and hard for older Rigs to keep up to it.  

Message 2 of 2 (512 Views)