NFS Trial/Deluxe Edition and some issues....

by XTwiztedChaosX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Trial/Deluxe Edition and some issues....

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but my trial of nfs is over now, I played the 10 hrs. Should the "trial" version be uninstalled or will the full game release overwrite the trial files? 

Ok, now for the issues in the game. First off, the game is great, looks good, the handling is great, excellent graphics, etc. There seems to be a problem with steering sometimes however. You go to turn and your car goes straight. Into a wall, a tree, a curb, etc. Not sure what could cause it. 

Like a few other unnamed NFS titles, MICRO-STUTTER!!!! Why is it that almost every damn NFS title that GHOST games or Criterion make, it has micro-stutter in it? Or some glitches/bugs that cause fps loss, static in music, etc like in Rivals. Apparently, someone at these companies knows nothing about game optimization for PC. 

When I first installed the trial version, there was stutter, etc. Played for a bit, logged off. Got on today, game played fine. Few hours of playing, logged off for a bit. Logged back on, more micro-stutter. GTA V, Skyrim, Mad Max, all my other games play fine. Rivals for me plays fine, but my old computer it was hell even playing it. My new build, which I'm on, built not even 2 1/2 months ago, runs GTAV, etc, 40-60 or more fps. No stutter, lag, etc.Yet, here we are with a new NFS title, and again comes with it, micro-stutter, etc. I know it's not my rig.

My Specs:

Case/Chasis: Pre-Dell Alienware Area-51 (Custom blue paint/ red paint Alien faces)

Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme4 AM3+

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.6ghz Quad

RAM: 8GB kit (2x 4GB) G.Skills RipjawsX Red Series PC14900 1866 DDR3

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 SSC ACX 2.0 2GB DDR5

PSU: Replace Power 850w 140mm Red LED Fan

HDD/s: WD 500GB 7200rpm (OS, pics, etc), WD Blue Caviar 1Tb 7200rpm (Blank drive-Games files only), WD 250GB 7200rpm (External-Recorded videos) Sandisk 32GB ReadyCache, 4GB USB (ReadyBoost use only)

Case Coolant/Fans: 1x 120mm Blue LED, 3x 80mm Red LED, 2x 80mm Blue LED

Case Lighting: 2x Dual 12" Cold Cathode Light Kits (1 Blue Kit, 1 Red Kit- Switched; 1 Blue/Red in bottom of case, 1 Blue/Red in top of case. *Forgot to put this in here).

So, i know it's not my system or my internet. Internet is through my cable company. High speed lightning turbo internet. It has to be something in the server/s or the games files. 

Other than that, the game is really good. Just needs to be tweaked a little more to the difficult side. The races, etc are just too easy to beat. In the 10 hours I played the trial, I'm almost lvl 40. Have almost 100k, after spending no telling how much on part upgrades and stuff already. I got the fox body mustang for the storyline starter car, and the tricked out starter bmw from the deluxe edition. My Mustang is almost fully upgraded already. I haven't even started on the bmw yet. The game really needs the difficulty raised. A LOT. 

Well, that's my two cents and concerns on the game so far. Might have more as I play the full version when it's released. 

oh yes, there is two other quick things, DAYTIME and COMPASS!!! There needs to be a daylight cycle in the game, too dark in some spots. Transition from tunnel light to night darkness causes a few second vision hinderance. And WHY is there no compass around the mini map? Majority of people in the world, like to know what direction they're going in....Compass. Needs to be on the mini map while you're driving. 

Ok, that's enough from me. I'll be playing Rivals until the full release is out in a few days. Late.

Message 1 of 20 (1,523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Trial/Deluxe Edition and some issues....

EA DICE Team

@seqhmet

Rivals has vastly different requirements than the latest version of Need for Speed, so comparing on how they run on your system doesn't work. I will still need a dxdiag to further diagnose you system.

In the meantime, try the following:

• Unplug all non-mandatory USB devices from your system (only mouse, keyboard and headset should be left
  • Run a clean boot

@XTwiztedChaosX

You not that far over the minimum requirements. If you run into further issues, I would advise a clean boot which will make sure only the game is running. If it runs fine, then the issues are being caused be specific background programs taking up too much of your system.

@Notverysubtle

Please right-click Need for Speed in Origin and select Game Properties. From this menu you will be able to choose your game language. Note that if you purchased a Russian or Polish version of the game, than you won't be able to play it in English.

View in thread

Message 9 of 20 (1,562 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

You don't need to uninstall the trial version and download or install the game again when it releases. You may have to download an update if there is any.

I didn't feel any steering issues in game. The game seems to be fine. Have you updated your GPU driver to the latest Need For Speed game ready driver?

Message 2 of 20 (1,501 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My steering fails sometimes and my acceleration just dies mostly during races and time trials. I mash the key once or twice and accel picks up again. Sucks.

Message 3 of 20 (1,475 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I bet does bugs will be fixed by the time the game comes out. i got some shutters on all max, but nothing to drastic, overall it was smooth. the steering is over dramatic and there is no *pit view( which is a must have in every racing game).  

Message 4 of 20 (1,463 Views)

EA DICE Team

@XTwiztedChaosX @VapBrr @seqhmet @the_milky_man

If there are issues with steering etc then our testing team will pick this up and report it for patching.

If you want me to check up on further performance issues in the game, then please reply with a dxdiag. With your reply and the .txt file, please explain which specific performance issues you are experiencing.

Message 5 of 20 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Tom,

I don't think a dxdiag is needed.

I also play Rivals and Most Wanted and don't have that issue. Though it may explain a couple of peculiarities I've experienced in Rivals. So it's not my keyboard (yes, I use a kb). I also play Grid Autosport and Project Cars without any issues.

Gigabyte UDH5 Z77 motherboard

i7 3770k

2x GTX 660 SC's

8 gigs RAM

Just in case it helps.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 20 (1,417 Views)

★ Guide

I have no problems running rivals, etc with my new set up. Maybe it was just lag on the server during the trial when I played. Maybe it will be worked out by the time it's released. Can't wait, 1 1/2 hrs to go where I am. Can't wait to get back to playing it. Just in case, here is my Dxdiag file for you @Straatford87.

Message 7 of 20 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my game won't even work

keeps saying:

"The origin account currently logged in does not have access to the installed language for this game. Please reinstall the game in an allowed language or log in with a different account"

Message 8 of 20 (1,393 Views)

EA DICE Team

@seqhmet

Rivals has vastly different requirements than the latest version of Need for Speed, so comparing on how they run on your system doesn't work. I will still need a dxdiag to further diagnose you system.

In the meantime, try the following:

• Unplug all non-mandatory USB devices from your system (only mouse, keyboard and headset should be left
  • Run a clean boot

@XTwiztedChaosX

You not that far over the minimum requirements. If you run into further issues, I would advise a clean boot which will make sure only the game is running. If it runs fine, then the issues are being caused be specific background programs taking up too much of your system.

@Notverysubtle

Please right-click Need for Speed in Origin and select Game Properties. From this menu you will be able to choose your game language. Note that if you purchased a Russian or Polish version of the game, than you won't be able to play it in English.

Message 9 of 20 (1,563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok Tom, here's my dxdiag.

Yesterday, after the official release, I played a bit and didn't notice any loss of acceleration or steering (those were my issues). But during a race, the road disappeared and I was falling through space.

Message 10 of 20 (1,347 Views)