Impossible to get gold on all Prestige events!!!

by brad-dougan

Original Post

Impossible to get gold on all Prestige events!!!

★★★★★ Apprentice

please change the time requirements for gold its impossible to do!

Message 1 of 592 (45,841 Views)

Re: Impossible to get gold on all Prestige events!!!

★★★ Apprentice

I completed some of the hardest racing games and I also unlocked all achievements in every Need for Speed game before, but the requirements for silver and especially gold are just ridiculous. I won the first prestige race "Horses For Courses" with a best time of 1:58... but for gold I need 1:39. The gap is way too big.

I really like the idea of a DLC with some harder events, but please change the time/points for silver/gold. It's nearly Impossible and should be changed. My suggestion is +2 seconds for silver and +5 seconds for gold.. using the current bronze requirement. I also have a bad feeling about the last ultimate event, because restarting such a long event can be a very frustrating experience. =/

Message 2 of 592 (45,598 Views)

★ Guide

Another vote here, add some faster cars or change the times, the math doesn't add up at all I think some of these golds are legit impossible even on a perfect run! This seriously needs patching. Game used to be fun this is downright stupid, one of the worst DLC's I've played.

Message 3 of 592 (45,540 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agreed, I'm all for adding a higher difficulty tier, but this is just beyond ridiculous and it needs changing. Some of these are downright impossible, regardless of skill or car choice. Were these times the result of testing or just chosen at random?

Message 4 of 592 (45,519 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Plus one here. Some of the other updates where too easy? Yes they were. Eddie's Challenge was the best DLC you guys came out with. New races, a bit of a challenge... This now is just frustrating, makes me wanna sell this game and never bother with a Need For Speed game again.

Message 5 of 592 (45,499 Views)

★ Guide

The other DLC was decent, and the main game I enjoyed, but this DLC, jeez, why is it so inconsistent with the main game difficulty wise?

Message 6 of 592 (45,468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, the required times are actually okay. You can search on YouTube to see that there are already people who scored Gold on some events.

Sorry, but I personally enjoy the Prestige mode exactly as it is right now and I'm against changing anything there. It must be difficult, so that not anyone could score Gold (but most of the people should be able to score Bronze anyway), and those who do should be proud of it. This is what makes Prestige mode special.

Message 7 of 592 (45,435 Views)

Is the difficulty for real on speedlists update?

★ Apprentice

Come on guys, the difficulty for these new achievements are unreal...there is not a car in the lineup that can get gold in all prestige events.

Message 8 of 592 (45,180 Views)

★ Apprentice

Didn't see this before I posted the same thing, i don't think a dev could get gold in all events...and 40 cripes. Also why didn't they raise the level cap?

Message 9 of 592 (45,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I don't think anyone is really against the existence of a prestige mode, I think most people are annoyed because it has achievements/trophies tied to it that only a select few people are ever going to accomplish, in a game which has so far been a fun, laid back experience for achievement/trophy hunters. And you might say "good, people should have to earn those hard achievements" and normally I'd agree, but the game has been out for so long now that it feels like a bit of a **** move dropping such mental achievements into the game this far after launch and screwing over all the average players who played it specifically because it was a fun, doable list. Some people like getting world record times, other people like getting all the achievements and moving on, but when those two combine it ruins it for the achievement hunters. By all means have a prestige mode in the game, but was it really necessary to screw over the achievement hunting crowd at the same time?

I mean do you really think that all of your pro, record setting players even give a damn about achievements?

Message 10 of 592 (45,384 Views)