Re: How to change controls setting in need for speed 2015 on pc?

by NagarjunaB

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

A little late to reply, but use the onscreen keyboard to select Keyboard mappings

-> open the windows onscreen keyboard 

-> keep the cursor on pgdn/pgup

-> open the game, goto Controls

-> click the pgdn/pgup on the onscreen keyboard to go through different controllers(keyboard is one of them)

Message 11 of 16 (3,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me (Windows 10)

1) Run Need For Speed 2015 in window mode. (can change it from Graphic Setting inside the game)

2) Do not maximum the windowed mode.

3) Open On-Screen Keyboard in your windows.

4) Keep the On-Screen Keyboard at the corner.

5) Simply click at the corner of the window of Need For Speed 2015 Windowed Mode.

6) Now you can click on the "Page Up" "Page Down" using your mouse while Running Need For Speed 2015.

Message 12 of 16 (3,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am about 6 years late, but putting this fix for someone who has bought the game recently and  facing this issue.

Yes, if you try to go to settings in the game, the first thing it shows is the XBOX controller, while asking you to press PGDWN or PGUP to cycle between inputs. 

The trouble is, the game does not understand when you try to press PGDWN OR PGUP using your usual keys. 

How to fix it? you simply change the keyboard mapping of those 2 keys to another key that the game actually 'understands' 

It is tedious and counterproductive, yes. But that is the only way you'll be able to customize keyboard controls in PC.

How to do it? 

Download microsoft powertoys from here:https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/releases/

Also, go through the step by step process on how to change the keyboard bindings from here: https://www.windowsdigitals.com/how-to-remap-keyboard-keys-in-windows-11/

If you're thinking that would mess up the actual keyboard configuration, yes but you can keep it restricted while gaming only. The new mapping can be easily switched off by 1 radio button on the powertoys app. 

et voila. 

I had personally given up on this game for months. But then this workaround occured to me. Hope it helps.

Message 13 of 16 (2,987 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Main menu my friend. They changed it after some update between 2020-2022, before or after going to "Steam" platform. But main menu options should be the solutions. Back in the day you could just press ESC or TAB and go to settings. Now it's done from main menu the one that opens up after starting the game.... Look for "Settings" then "controls". They just made it harder but it possible no need to do no extra ish like external setting as I've saw in some solutions..... Sadly they changed it but it's still possible... Dont forget to press "Accept" to apply the control setting no matter what controller u got after selecting the right one. Use Page Up and Page Down buttons (for PC) on keyboard in control setting menu to change between type of controllers that you have W.e type of a controller you have you have chose it in the options. Then change settings and make sure you Apply them. Then just back out to free room or w.e and go for a ride brudda mane...... At least worked for me

Message 14 of 16 (2,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same issue. back in the day, when it was on origin and not on the new ea app *.

if i change the settings and apply them, the second i get back into the game the * changes automaticly and * everything up. i just CANT change it. i play with keyboard and controller.

anyone got a sollution?

Message 15 of 16 (881 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@babyspanac i think all of the problem are the same
Message 16 of 16 (374 Views)