Game won't launch

by MasterLinKuei

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't launch

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I just purcheased NFS 2015 and I haven't been able to play it since it wont launch at all. It crashes on the nVidia screen or just gives me a black screen. I updated all my drivers and even made a clean installation of Windows a less than a week ago. I also tried disabling "Origin in game", reinstalling NFS and nothing seems to work. Please help me Frown

Message 1 of 11 (4,591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't launch

★★★★ Novice

I was struggling with the same issue. Tried all the "solutions" one by one, running the game and ActivationUI.exe in admin mode, disabling all kind of overlays, nothing worked.

Removed all graphics card drivers and installed the oldest one i had, Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.3-Feb22 and it works perfectly. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (4,530 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having the same issue, which graphics card you have? I had this game for years but only now I am having this issue.

Message 2 of 11 (4,566 Views)

★★★ Novice
@shark772 I have a AMD RX 570 8 GB, I believe it has to do with the latest Origin update 🤔
Message 3 of 11 (4,548 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was struggling with the same issue. Tried all the "solutions" one by one, running the game and ActivationUI.exe in admin mode, disabling all kind of overlays, nothing worked.

Removed all graphics card drivers and installed the oldest one i had, Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.3-Feb22 and it works perfectly. 

Message 4 of 11 (4,531 Views)

★★★ Novice
@muroko I tried that and it worked perfectly, so thank you. I believe Adrenaline 2020 is what's causing the issue, I thought it was Origin for some reason.
Message 5 of 11 (4,520 Views)

★★★ Novice
@muroko thanks bro. i try that cause i have the same issue and the same graphic card mentioned. greetz!
Message 6 of 11 (4,482 Views)

★★★ Novice

Noo wayy guys.............   :D

I tried the old amd driver yesterday and it worked perfectly.. thanks so much for this fix!!!!

I already started origin error reporting including to ask for money back Standard smile now hope they won't answer it

Greetz from germanY

Message 7 of 11 (4,465 Views)

★★ Novice
@muroko Where can I get that old driver? AMD seems to have deleted all of RX 560's old drivers in their official page...
Message 8 of 11 (4,180 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 11 (4,164 Views)

★★ Novice

Alternatively get them from windows update(Win10), uninstall all amd related software and drivers, then check for windows update(settings>update and security) it will download drivers from aug 2019. Plus please report this issue to AMD so that It could be resolved in the next months update.

Message 10 of 11 (4,136 Views)