Forced induction

by Gharud

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forced induction

★★ Newbie
So Im trying to choose a supercharger(purple forced induction) for my e46 m3 but there are like 5 different ones. 4 of which vary by only 1 or 2 horsepower and max torque from each other and one of them has a lot worse stats but actually reduces my 0-60 time. What are the differences in forced induction?
Message 1 of 3 (5,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forced induction

★★★ Newbie
I went with the added horsepower with the improved 0-60 time for drift cars. My think is that it would allow me to get back in a drift in a minimal distance travel by getting my speed back up and then tapping my brake trigger to lock up the front. Also a little side tip, turn off drift assist, use your steering and brakes to guide you through the drifts. Doubling and tripling my drift score.

Use the above theory as well for the one grip car, I made on the turbo charger.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (6,570 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
Same boat as you. There are so many options to choose from. From a technical point is see these as producing power in different ranges of the powerband. But I assume for nfs they are more taylored for drift, grip or top speed. Tho... They don't work like that from what I can tell.
Message 2 of 3 (5,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I went with the added horsepower with the improved 0-60 time for drift cars. My think is that it would allow me to get back in a drift in a minimal distance travel by getting my speed back up and then tapping my brake trigger to lock up the front. Also a little side tip, turn off drift assist, use your steering and brakes to guide you through the drifts. Doubling and tripling my drift score.

Use the above theory as well for the one grip car, I made on the turbo charger.
Message 3 of 3 (6,571 Views)