Re: FIX! FOR PLAYERS IN ONTARIO USING ROGERS OR TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!

by itsrhondy

Original Post

FIX! FOR PLAYERS IN ONTARIO USING ROGERS OR TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Finally! found a fix!

Step 1

So basically what I did was assign a static IP to my playstation 4

Find your Router here: http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PS4/

(Use this to help you log into your specific router to complete the other steps)

Then assign a static IP address when setting up your network settings MANUAL in/on your PlayStation 4 system (This step is NOT necessary but will help improve your connection)

Step 2

once you access your router make sure to  delete any port forwarding rules you are not using

also make sure in your router settings you have the UPNP option enabled within your router

turn on your ps4 and boot up the game and press play. It will start up FOR SURE!. Stay logged into your router on your computer.

Go back to your port forwarding list and you'll see a rule called "EA-Tunnel" that has been "magically" automatically added. (This is due to the UPNP FUNCTION)

Now im able to play with no issues and no hassles.

THIS WORKS FOR SURE WITH INDIVIDUALS WITH ROGERS AS THEIR ISP!

will 100% work for those with routers like CGN3ROG (Which is the router I personally have)

THERE IS NO REASON TO PORT FORWARD ANYTHING THAT NFS SAYS YOU NEED TO PORT FORWARD. AND THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU ROUTER TO BE IN DMZ MODE!

The reason why we weren't able to get on was because either the ports were being blocked by port forwarding rules that we may have not been using. I had a limit of 9 rules on my router. I deleted the ones I didn't need and once i booted up nfs. It worked literally first try and when i looked back at my port forwarding rules I seen that there was a new rule in there called "ea Tunnel" which was created automatically by the UPNP option that you need to have enabled on your router.

Message 1 of 11 (13,372 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, had this exact problem and this fix worked for me being on Rogers network in ontario using hitron cgn3

i just deleted some port forwarding rules on my router (saved the changes) and started the game like he said and all was good. Ea-tunnel did appear when i reloaded my rules page.

This just made the $80 disc usable for the first time. 

Thank you for posting this fix!

Message 2 of 11 (13,347 Views)

★ Apprentice

no worries. Im glad I finally figured it out. smh so much for "tech support" who get PAID for their job

Message 3 of 11 (13,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh damn i try to do it.. i hope i can do :D 

Message 4 of 11 (13,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same router with you and tried doing everything you said, but I still can't get it to work

any suggestions?

Message 5 of 11 (13,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what did you put in Local IP Address box on port forwarding page?

Message 6 of 11 (13,284 Views)

★ Apprentice

connect to the internet on your ps4 or xbox. go to the settings page where it shows your conncetions stats. Look for the ip address that your ps4/xbox is using. Write it down/copy it. when u go to your port forwarding page PUT THAT SAME ip address as the address u want to forward the port to. DONE

Message 7 of 11 (13,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

i did it bro. i did it somehow ... but love u much love ! buy wifi wont work

Message 8 of 11 (13,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did not work for me but when I set up the static IP and turned the DMZ off for the IP address I used for the PS4 it worked.
Message 9 of 11 (13,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, thanks for the help.  I'm just confused with a few things, do I want to keep this "EA-Tunnel"? 

Message 10 of 11 (12,984 Views)