Re: PS4 Controller issue on PC

by SDraklore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 Controller issue on PC

★★★ Newbie

Hey

I got trouble with my PC trial of NFS 2015 ... I can't play with my PS4 controller. The buttons and everything works great but in game you can't drive because the car is breaking all the time... This doesn't happen on other games (FIFA, Dirt Rally etc)

I hope you can help me! 

Message 1 of 9 (69,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Edit: merged both your replies into one:

in DS4Windows, press "stop" which will stop the driver. then check the box labeled "hide DS4" and then press the button labeled "start" to start the driver back up. this will fix the issue you are having.

the main problem is that NFS is detecting some of the inputs from the controller, as well as the DS4 tool, and they are conflicting. Hope this helps

I hope this clears up how to use DS4 on NFS PC! 

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (82,391 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I don't think this issue is limited to the PS4 controller, but most...

Message 2 of 9 (69,245 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem with nvidia's shield controller.

Will it be supported soon ?
Message 3 of 9 (69,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To play with PS4 controller you need to use the controller in Exclusive Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Checked). 

I tried it and it works fine.

Message 4 of 9 (69,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please could you elaborate on this fix...

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 9 (69,210 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

in DS4Windows, press "stop" which will stop the driver. then check the box labeled "hide DS4" and then press the button labeled "start" to start the driver back up. this will fix the issue you are having.

the main problem is that NFS is detecting some of the inputs from the controller, as well as the DS4 tool, and they are conflicting. Hope this helps

Message 6 of 9 (69,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Edit: merged both your replies into one:

I hope this clears up how to use DS4 on NFS PC! 

Message 7 of 9 (82,392 Views)

EA DICE Team

@rallydakar11 @Bomb3r1812 @Attila_Ga89 @kristouffe25

Thanks for the information, @SDraklore! If your controllers still don't work then please check out our dedicated Steering Wheels and Controllers thread.

Message 8 of 9 (69,141 Views)

★ Novice
I know that game is old but i never found any solution until now. So if you connect your DS4 controller to PC you were unable to set analog gas and break on triggers so you had to download DS4Windows from here http://ds4windows.com/ . But then there was another problem, game detects two controllers Wireless Controller (direct DS4 input) and Xbox 360 Controller created by DS4Windows, this caused some problems, game was detecting two inputs for one action for example scrolling in menu. To prevent that i came up with an idea and replaced every button bindings for Wireless Controller in config file located in C:\Users\username\Documents\Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted\Save\2841861649\controls.NFS13Save with unexisting button ex BUTTON_20 and that solved every problem with double inputs in that game.
Message 9 of 9 (36,504 Views)