[PC] Troubleshooting for Wheels, Controllers, Controls

by Straatford87

Original Post

[PC] Troubleshooting for Wheels, Controllers, Controls

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

SUPPORTED STEERING WHEELS AND CONTROLLERS

Below you can find a list of the current officially supported steering wheels and controllers for the PC version of Need for Speed:

• Logitech - G29
  • Logitech - G920
  • Logitech - G27
  • Thrustmaster - T150
  • Thrustmaster - T300
  • Thrustmaster - T500
  • Thrustmaster - TX
  • Fanatec - Clubsport
  • Xbox One Controller

Clutch is not supported. To use the h-shifter map your gears to up and down, these won't be mapped by default.

FURTHER LIST OF ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS FOR ISSUES WITH WHEELS, CONTROLLERS, CONTROLS AND IN-GAME MOVEMENT

Note: a variety of background programs could cause conflicts with your in-game movement, controls and controllers. The easiest way to test this is via a clean boot. Further and specific steps can be found below.

Known programs to cause conflicts:

• VJOY; try turning this program off.
  • Punto Switcher; mark NFS as an exclusion in Punto Switcher Settings.
  • Any other driver or controller related programs; try switching these off momentarily for testing purposes

Further steps to solve related issues:

• Change controls via Settings, Controls. With keyboard as a default, you can switch between Keyboard, Wheel or Controller with PGUP and PGDOWN. You can then switch between mappings by scrolling left or right.
  • Unplug all controllers and other non-mandatory devices from your system.

• Check Controls, Sensitivity Tuning. Try to adjust the sliders to either the middle or end; e.g, Accelerator Dead Zone 100% and Break Dead Zone 100%.

• Further adjust your Sensitivity Tuning settings as these might need to be set different depending on the peripheral used.
  • Unmap all your controls via Settings, Controls, Customize. To unmap your controls keep binding the same button to all mappings. With all controls unmapped you can then remap the settings without the fear of conflicting buttons.

THIRD-PARTY AND USER FIXES FOR UNSUPPORTED CONTROLLERS OR WHEELS

Note 1: the below tips are not from an official EA source. Read carefully and follow the steps at your own risk.

Note 2: if you would like to have a solution added here, please send me a private message.

@resLivo:

I use a program for my controller called InputMapper - this forces my PC to recognize my controller as an Xbox 360/One controller. I would recommend using this and setting the controller profile to "default" on the main screen. To clarify, I'm using a PS4 controller.

Next, in game you must do the following:

• Go to Settings -> Controls
  • Use Page Down to navigate to "Wheel" (yes, you read it right - Wheel)
  • Press "X" to customise and UNBIND every single key/action - but ONLY for the Wheel
  • Save all these settings
  •  (Optional) Cross your fingers

Why does this work? Because the "unsupported" controllers are recognized as both a controller and a wheel; therefore, the inputs get mixed up and no matter what you try, something will always get recognized as handbrake.

@Malikh822 

If you are using an Xbox One S controller:

My short term solution is to plug your Xbox One S controller into the computer using Micro USB and downloading "Xbox Accessories" via the Windows 10 app store to update the controller. I was then able to use the controller to play the game, but only when connected via the Micro USB cord.

Message 1 of 1 (149,139 Views)