Let Us Skip Cinematics

by DJ_Zephyr102

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Let Us Skip Cinematics

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've noticed an odd trend when it comes to cutscenes and FMVs in games.

Games with GOOD cutscenes - the kind you might actually WANT to watch, the kind that don't leave you cringing - usually allow you to SKIP these cutscenes so you can get back to actually playing the game.

Games with BAD cutscenes - like every Need For Speed since Underground 2 - often DO NOT let you skip these awful sequences.  Instead, you just end up muting them until the game lets you play again.

Instead of making us sit thru this game's useless "story," give us the option to skip the stupid videos.  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  I, for one, don't care about the story in a racing game, I just want to drive.  If I wanted to WATCH cars and car people, I'd go to YouTube, or fire up some Top Gear re-runs on Hulu.  I came here to play, not be yelled at by NPCs who think they're cool.

You guys have gotten a lot right with this one.  The customization, the city lights, the driving model.  But please, get these videos out of my face.

Message 1 of 7 (1,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Let Us Skip Cinematics

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm able to skip all other cutscenes except the ones that happen in your garage, just press the button that is assigned for skipping them

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,128 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

you can skip after 3or4 races in the begin... ENTER.........

Message 2 of 7 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Interesting, because I'm far past that point and it still wont let me skip, no matter what key I press.

Message 3 of 7 (1,077 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

start game with free-explore worked for many games other was doing it in other series, who didn't collaborated with. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm able to skip all other cutscenes except the ones that happen in your garage, just press the button that is assigned for skipping them

Message 5 of 7 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

note the garage cinematic loading is for you to direct yourself to your saved garage in their server collection of players garages. its a loading screen for you to be on a selected server and let your computer load all the renderings and objects, plus lighting and environment. its there for a reason.

Message 6 of 7 (1,050 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I love the cinematics/cutscenes but when I am repeating a mission a few times, it gets in the way to have to sit through them especially when we are playing at level 30, after finishing the game. 

Message 7 of 7 (849 Views)