Re: Jersey numbers completely missing with custom teams

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jimmy_Douglass  I too have been checking this particular topic days after days on end to see any updates on where this bug is at regarding a fix. Glad to see that it is included with the release of roster sharing tomorrow.

Message 261 of 276 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@RetroKats wrote:

@EA_Blueberry  Glad to hear that the jersey numbers and names issue is included with roster sharing. This is something we've all been looking forward to.

Also, a shoot/pass bias attribute sounds very interesting. Things I am confused about with this is with whom it will have an effect on (human, or AI), and how it works specifically.

In terms of BAP, where you only control one player, is that where this attribute has an effect on the AI-controlled created player? A human player will pass if they want to pass, and they will shoot if they want to shoot, so I assume that this attribute won't have an effect on a human-controlled created player.

The shoot pass thing is added because all created players were all the way leaning to shoot by default and we couldn’t change that. It resulted in created players taking hundreds of more shots per season than in-game players. 

I doubt the addition of the slider will impact anything already in the game. 

Message 262 of 276 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@kyl_35  I can understand that. Now, created players can actually seem like they are rookies in between each season, eventually progress skill-wise, and have reasonable stats instead of averaging more shots per season than the top players in the league. I don't even think that most of the top players even shoot that much.

Yeah, an AI deciding whether to pass or shoot doesn't sound like something that will determine the result(s) of a game, just sounds like a very minor realism addition.

Message 263 of 276 (889 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad to hear the number issue is finally corrected.

The slider is a huge bonus, hopefully it works well. I’m looking forward to people simming a few seasons and finding out if 7 or 8 actually on the 0/15 scale plays like a sim player rather than a created player or if it ends up needing to be really low.

any idea of the restricted free agent bug is corrected? Since the last patch when someone is a restricted free agent it always shows restricted no matter how many years you’re offering in franchise mode rather than flipping to UFA once you reach enough years on the offer that they’d no longer be restricted at the end of the contract. 

Message 264 of 276 (829 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@1ef461832535bfe8ddced032f8f8a7e9 Hopefully we get the patch notes soon so we can see what (if any) other bugs are fixed.

As far as the slider goes, I plan on looking at where the slider is on active players before creating a player. I’ll probably look at Ovi to see what an extreme shot bias would look like and Thornton or Backstrom for assists.
Message 265 of 276 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It will be nice if that’s how it works. When I read it I understood that it would only be for created players based on how he said it and the pic being under the creation zone and not a live player. 

Hopefully it is an attribute for everyone though, that would provide a little fine tuning.

Message 266 of 276 (802 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

finally!! great.

When this update in the finland time? didnt see it updates now.

Message 267 of 276 (778 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

Today a new patch released. Can you jump into a game and let us know if you're still experiencing this?

• Fix for custom teams not showing names/numbers on the jersey when in gameplay

Patch notes can be found here.

Blueberry.png
Message 268 of 276 (2,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  I have loaded into one game only using custom teams. All jersey numbers are showing. I am going to load into multiple games to make sure this isn't a very inconvenient coincidence.

Edit: 5/5 custom games loaded into. All of which had jersey numbers and names showing correctly. This issue is officially fixed. Thanks!

Message 269 of 276 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I got them to work once, then I went to edit some of my custom teams and it freezes the game every time I try. Trying to play an exhibition game with these teams freezes the game as well. I can spend the time re-creating the teams that now don't work, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Message 270 of 276 (623 Views)