Nhl freezes at main menu

by jdpsu202

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nhl freezes at main menu

★★★ Newbie

90% of the time my game has begun freezing at the main menu after you get off the title screen, I’ve restarted power cycled uninstalled and it’s still doing it.  If I get past the title screen it then usually freezes after one game of eashl.  Any help here please?

Message 1 of 20 (4,602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nhl freezes at main menu

Community Manager

@jdpsu202 

Power cycle your router too and if you are on PS4, try booting in Safe Mode and then Rebuild Database:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/s...

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (4,569 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jdpsu202 

Power cycle your router too and if you are on PS4, try booting in Safe Mode and then Rebuild Database:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/s...

barry.png
Message 2 of 20 (4,570 Views)

★ Novice

I tried your solutions, but they are still not working. The loading menu for mine doesn't work 100% of the time. Every time I get past the main menu the game goes into a infinite loading screen and freezes. Are there any other suggestions to fix this issue. I'll wanted to do was to play online against my friend. 

Message 3 of 20 (4,523 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @Upyourbaby 

Try restoring the licenses with the steps here: http://bit.ly/PS4LicenseRestore. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 20 (4,507 Views)

★ Novice

Im on xbox one and getting same problem but only when connected to internet

Message 5 of 20 (4,434 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @len2795.

Are you playing NHL 19?

Try clearing your alternate MAC address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 20 (4,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Tried that and it still didnt work it froze before it got to main menu then turned my xbox off it only happens with this game tho

Message 7 of 20 (4,384 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @len2795.

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 20 (4,365 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Tried this and still same problem
Message 9 of 20 (4,345 Views)

Community Manager

@len2795 

Do you happen to have any peripherals plugged into the USB ports on your console? Something like a Guitar Hero dongle or a racing wheel?

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 20 (4,339 Views)