Re: nhl 18 draft champions issue on beginner mode

by TCAworf

Original Post

nhl 18 draft champions issue on beginner mode

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ...
What happens when the bug occurs? ...
What do you expect to see? ...
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Draft Champions
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Product: NHL 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game one at beginner and I can actually win it with 5 or more goals more than the other team... then game 2 seems impossible to win.
What happens when the bug occurs? ... every second game. So all hope to have a chance to get the "promised" players is just a vain promise at best. Game 2 seems to play at EXPERT Level. Cannot even win a faceoff at beginner level and the opposition team seems to make every pass with few exceptions. Got to period 3 somehow with a tie score of 0 to 0... then early in the 3rd period they score some impossible goal. Can't get close enough to the oppositions goal to get very many shots on goal. So the second game I have no freaking chance to win to even get the promised cards in game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a FAIR game... Even if I lose. It would be nice to even have a 50% chance of getting a faceoff without the damn "good timing" * message. The wording in the game gives false hope for most of use since this game plays at nearly flawless level after the first game it seems. --- My original message which got a form letter response which seems that NOTHING will be done at all: Draft Champions... Playing at BEGINNER mode and winning the First game is doable but the Second game is impossible since it seems to be playing at the top PRO mode in versus CPU Mode. (All Star mode I think) NHL 18 touts that getting the drafted players is possible after you draft the 12 players before playing the first game... then POOF it is a false hope unless something changes for this gamer. The idiotic "Good Timing" message is very annoying especially when there is NO chance to win a faceoff ever in the second game! I like challenges but IMPOSSIBLE is beyond ridiculous. This long time computer gamer of over 40 years is very frustrated with this mode. Am no longer in my 20's and 30's. At age 61 my skills are good for my age but I just cannot compete at this level. Have written software for over 40 years and I know very well that you COULD fix this issue IF you want to do so. I have many Electronic Arts Games that are playable on my Home PC and a few on the Sony Playstation 4. Most of them play very well...but NHL 18 in Draft Champions mode is pushing me away from your games. If this sort of thing isn't going to be fixed, I'll just have to ignore ALL future EA Titles on ANY Platform. Please help!!! --- EA's "canned" form letter response: Hello, Thank you for sending us your feedback. We review each submission and give the information to the related EA team. While we cannot reply to you on the status of this feedback, we appreciate you providing your input. You can find additional information on known issues, including potential workarounds, at EA Help and Answers HQ. Regards, The EA Help Team --- Not very helpful Electronic Arts. You could have at least pointed me in the right direction but alas it seems that your end users are not important to you. Given enough time your following will diminish to nothing.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Draft Champions
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) time doesn't matter... it happens every time i play the freaking second game.
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? TCA-7up
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. game crashes in game rarely...
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. None
What is your game language? English

Message 1 of 5 (2,930 Views)

★★★ Novice

Typical... NO response to a REAL issue.

Draft Champions is badly broken in Beginner Mode on second game when you do well on the first game.

Not holding out much hope that Electronic Arts will address this issue at all!

Last of the EA Games for me UNTIL this gets fixed!

>Frown

Message 2 of 5 (2,875 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There's no response because this isn't a bug. This forum is specifically for bug reports, glitches, et cetera. Your 'problem' is that you can't beat the CPU in Draft Champions. To put it very bluntly, it's your lack of skill that's the issue, not the game. I've won all four games in Draft Champions multiple times, and I play on All-Star difficulty.

I'm sorry if this response comes off as rude, but again, this is not a 'bug' or a 'glitch'.

Message 3 of 5 (2,858 Views)

★★★ Novice

KM,

Sorry that you don't understand the issue that I am playing on Beginner mode... I will eventually up the skill level when I am comfortable with doing so.

Hope that someone will listen to you when you are 60+ playing games and run into unfriendliness in a game that suddenly plays way beyond your current skill level.

I like a challenge but HATE seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to win situations in games. That is a quick way to get a game removed from my system and to NEVER EVER get played again.

First game I am able to win faceoffs and to win the game.

This IS a bug based on the skill level of the second game going into ALL-STAR / PRO mode and NOT allowing me to win even ONE faceoff in the second game. Perhaps EA wanted the game to play this way... but it is ridiculous beyond belief.

Sorry that you cannot have compassion on someone with an opinion other than your own.

I'm not asking to win every faceoff... It would be nice not to get insulted by "good timing" on the faceoffs in the second game and not allowed to win even 1 faceoff. Just give me a fair chance to win even just 50% of the faceoffs.

I'm happy that you can win every game in ALL-STAR mode but you must understand that you aren't the ONLY person playing this game.

Otherwise this is an excellent game.

Have written software for over 40 years and believe me that THIS IS A BUG / GLITCH.

Oh that's right, you don't freaking give a * if someone has an opinion other than your own.

Message 4 of 5 (2,827 Views)

★★ Expert

@TCAworf 

Well, go figure EA giving you a generic response to your game concerns. 

I will do my best to assist you in your game neds here.

Please let me know if the following videos have helped you to win Draft Champions.

Just like you, I'm an older player and  EA seems to like giving players limited service for help.

If these videos have given you the Solution you need then kindly Credit me with the solution to this thread! 

Have a good day sir. :eahigh_file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsLXCeIuAMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHY5WzrgFgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVifAM6IFxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XYG9FRhmcQ

Message 5 of 5 (2,129 Views)