Re: Nhl 18 lag and delay

by Lusch82

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nhl 18 lag and delay

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[Do not attempt to bypass the swear filter - CM] , in 8 of 10 games the players are mooving very slow, standing around, and you can‘t do anything, it is not possible to control them, to make some dekes, to defense. You push a button and then there is a delay of 1-2 sek. This makes this game absolutely unrealistic, I would never recomend to somebody to buy this game. The same problem I had also with NHL 17, but maybe in 3 of 10 games. NHL 17 was a bit faster and possible to play. 

Lots of friends of mine, who play fifa have the same problem, but EA do nothing to solve this problem. 

So will try to return this game and never buy another from EA. Cheers

Message 1 of 81 (13,149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Lusch82  It sounds like you are having issues with your network,  please try the connection troubleshooting steps for your issue: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If you continue to see disconnections after completing troubleshooting and opening ports, please run a UO trace to check your connection. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 81 (16,004 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Lusch82  It sounds like you are having issues with your network,  please try the connection troubleshooting steps for your issue: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If you continue to see disconnections after completing troubleshooting and opening ports, please run a UO trace to check your connection. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 81 (16,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ahahaha. You are funny. Do you think I didn‘t try everything to fix the problem? The problem is the game and not the internet connection.
One day a had a normal connection for maybe 3 hours, I could play and win some games, also loose some. I got a WW of 620. Next day I start a game, the connecnion was complitely bad. I played against an opponent with WW of 228. He was a beginner, I could see it. The result of the game: he won 4:0. I made 42 shoots, he made 5 shoots. I made 19 checks, he made 2. How can he win with 4:0?? I had the puck the most time, his goalie flew like superman from one side to the other and save everything. My player were very slow, I couldn‘t make dekes, absolutely nothing. He scored twice from the blue line and one from the middle. Can you explane me how this game could be real? I thing it is absolutely unplayeble on some days.
Message 3 of 81 (13,022 Views)

Community Manager

@Lusch82 That the game works fine some days would point to a connection issue. Please run a UO Trace so that I can take a look at your connection. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 81 (13,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For online team play, ea should give us a good good connection all the way. We tried and run the game for 6v6 online team play(all from westcoast) still giving us 30-49 ping. ? We are all gamer and have good internet and yet cant get the best connection out of it. I dont know who to blame, EA or SONY. i dont blame my connection coz im in fibre.
Message 5 of 81 (12,973 Views)

Community Manager

@jayweber123 If you are having an issue with ping then this would be a connection/ISP issue. Have you ran a UO Trace to see how your data is being routed?

Darko.png
Message 6 of 81 (12,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Question: Where is the nhl 18 server located at? Just to clarify
Message 7 of 81 (12,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have played many games in the last 2 days and went from division 4 HUT to division 7. Had a 2-1 win record and now I have more losses than wins overall. Every team I play is much faster, checks harder, accelerates quicker and I have the fastest guys in the game....it is not a connection issue. I’m running at 110 Mbps. The issue is the game
Message 8 of 81 (12,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can’t control my defenders any longer. Even player control change (r2) doesn’t make sense who it’s changing to. I think i’m controlling the guy closest to the puck but no I’m controlling a guy behind the play. The game is trash and I will never buy another or put another dime into this one
Message 9 of 81 (12,923 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok, after a long discussion with Media Markt (Germans biggest technik retailer) I could give the game back and get my money!! Yeah! The salesman told me, they had in the last 6 months about 500 returned games from EA (mostly fifa) because of connection problems!!! Here you can see, how good EA is. Not only I have the problem!! They have also some people, who went to the court because they didn‘t get the money back. Also think about to take EA out of their sales program because of so many problems.
Message 10 of 81 (12,886 Views)