Game is TOTAL BS!!!!!

by reefermajic2009

Original Post

Game is TOTAL BS!!!!!

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok so I am sure just like many online gamers here for NHL18 you are fed up as hell on this bs game that took no strides forward from NHL17.

My issues:

Slap shot is not consistent.  WTF!  Why is taking a straight slap shot so hard.  I play camera relative and it should be R stick up and then down when I am playing up to down.  Instead the stick holds onto the puck like crazy glue.

Goalie coming out.  Is there a way to make it so that you NEVER control the goalie?  My hands are too big and while playing I end up inadvertently hitting the L1 and pad in the middle to pull the goalie and it happens many times at the worst part of the game.  0-0 with 5min left and all of a sudden my goalie is leaving the net.   FACK!!!!!

Guys you play online that know every damn part of the ice to do a wrist shot or slap shot and score 95% of the time. What BS is this?  I thought the AI was supposed to get better.

Goals disallowed when they are good.

Goals allowed when they should not.

ICING!!!! OMG there is a difference when a guy blatantly ices the puck and another that missed a pass.  The blasted referees should have AI to be able to differentiate between the 2.

What happened to MUTUAL quit where you can see from the first 5min of the game that the connection is brutal?

Penalty after f-ING Penalty....OMG this bloody game.....Its not realistic at all....Allow some tough hard gameplay but referee calling  penalty for every damn hit is ridiculous!!!!!

I have a million more stuff to b1itch about!!!!

Message 1 of 4 (643 Views)

Re: Game is TOTAL BS!!!!!

★★ Apprentice

Good post - I have several points of frustration with this game as well and many which you covered:

Guys you play online that know every damn part of the ice to do a wrist shot or slap shot and score 95% of the time. What BS is this?  I thought the AI was supposed to get better.

--I played a guy who ran into the wall, same spot multiple times in the game, did a wrist shot and scored - this was a total glitch goal but kept shooting this, came from behind and went ahead. I rage quite because as you put this, -total BS. 

Goals disallowed when they are good.

--I understand adding the dynamic of kicked in goals, but most of the 'kicked' in goals are no kicking motion and are disallowed. At least program a kicking motion that happens at some sort of random interval. Oh and I had one where my guy didn't touch the goalie and I got tagged for goaltender interference.

Goals allowed when they should not. (OR goals that should have been allowed but were not)

--I've had a goal cross the goal plane and the opponent (AI and Human) were able to grab it and it be no goal. Or another one that glitched through the net and again, no goal.

ICING!!!! OMG there is a difference when a guy blatantly ices the puck and another that missed a pass.  The blasted referees should have AI to be able to differentiate between the 2.

--Or when you pass very near center line - it seems the NHL is a bit more lenient on this, but if you're 1 nanometer past center line in this game its an icing. I also notice in the NHL if it's shot near players, generally it's assumed one of them touched it and it's not an icing but in this game, the "collision"  didn't happen, so it's an icing. Beyond frustrating. Don't forget the horrible management of hybrid icing. You could be out-skating the opponent and should be able to wave off icing but they call it.

Message 2 of 4 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also forgot to mention guys that control their goalie.  When the puck is dumped into their end.   They bring the goalie out to cause interference from your fore-check guy coming in and in many cases trip or flip or check your guy which is a total penalty since the guy doesn't even have the puck.  I also forgot to mention players running into the goalie when the goalie holds the puck for a faceoff...There is no penalty called so what many players are doing is take a slapshot towards the net and then just run the goalie as he tries to put his glove on the puck or get on top it for the faceoff.  Where is the penalty there?

Message 3 of 4 (604 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

BTW I found the solution to if you start to experience sluggish gameplay online like you are skating in mud.  Delete NHL18 from your PS4 and re-install.  Did it last night and it was like night and day!

Message 4 of 4 (603 Views)