Re: Can't sign rookies (roster is full even if only 25/50 contracts are signed)

by ThePunple12

Original Post

Can't sign rookies (roster is full even if only 25/50 contracts are signed)

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Franchise 32 teams 2. Autosign Free agent = on for years 17-18, 18-19, 19-20 3. Autosign free agent = off for year 20-21 4. Re-sign phase (bug occured in 2021 for me, every other year before that was OK, but I was on autosign free agent, so maybe this is actually the first year i was signing myself rookies) 5. Can't sign rookies (even if number of contracts is something like 25/50 and I have no RFAs qualified) 6. You can sign normal players as usual. You just cant give a first contract to rookies 7. All rookies reject their new contract saying the roster is full and there is no place in the team 8. I even tried releasing / buying out most of my team, but I still couldn't sign rookies
What happens when the bug occurs? Franchise is broken since you can't sign rookies. You can still play, but it's useless.
What do you expect to see? Normal ability to sign any player (veteran or rookie), restricted only by the salary cap and the number of contracts.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise 32
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Can't sign rookies in resign phase (first contracts).

They reject my offer by saying my roster is full, even though I'm at 25/50 in contracts.

Message 1 of 5 (10,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing happened to me on Xbox one. I was unable to give contracts to rookies. Even if I had 30/50 contracts. This was in the classic mode. And the bug occurred at the 2018-2019 season for me.
Message 2 of 5 (10,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also came across this problem and it is super frustrating. It occurred going into my 10th season and I can't sign any rookies. If anyone knows a way to fix it that would be much appreciated. It was an awesome franchise up until now and now it has gone to waste. Thanks in advance
Message 3 of 5 (9,854 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I found out the problem for me. I had too many unsigned rookies and there must be a secret limit. I'll link the thread which helped me.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/game-breaking-franchise-mode-glitch-help-if-you-can.2415949/
Message 4 of 5 (9,719 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a rookie goaltender that won't sign because my offer isn't what he wants. But I can't offer above 3 years and $850,000, and he wants $1,000,000...😡

Message 5 of 5 (1,903 Views)