Can I post a video of my NHL gameplay to YouTube?

by Justin00715

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can I post a video of my NHL gameplay to YouTube?

★★★★★ Newbie

I want to post my Twitch videos of my NHL 18 gameplay on YT. They won't have commentary, don't use any songs in the game's soundtrack, and won't be monetized. Do I have to do anything to prevent getting a copyright strike?

Message 1 of 2 (413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I post a video of my NHL gameplay to YouTube?

Community Manager

@Justin00715 Hey, you should be fine, even if you want to monetize content. 

Our main statement is this:

"EA appreciates the passion that players have for our games, and we're always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community. EA does not object to fair uses of video footage or screenshots on video sharing sites, including YouTube channels that are commercialized, as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public."

You can find more info and context here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content/

Thanks and good luck!

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (514 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can I post a video of my NHL gameplay to YouTube?

Community Manager

@Justin00715 Hey, you should be fine, even if you want to monetize content. 

Our main statement is this:

"EA appreciates the passion that players have for our games, and we're always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community. EA does not object to fair uses of video footage or screenshots on video sharing sites, including YouTube channels that are commercialized, as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public."

You can find more info and context here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content/

Thanks and good luck!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (515 Views)