XB1 Controller automoving beyond selected choice

by tjn71

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XB1 Controller automoving beyond selected choice

★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: Controller input gets flaky intermittently; instead of flowing from one column/row to another seamlessly, it skips 3-4 for 30-60 seconds before returning to normal
How often does the bug occur?: Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Unfortunately it is an intermittent issue, when it does occur, it is across all aspects of the game. For an example, go to Franchise mode, trades, add player to trade screen, RT(LT?) to select position, move controller to right/left, watch the chaos
What happens when the bug occurs?: Intermittently, when going through various menu screens, player stats, or most any page that you move a row or line select, a small tap in any direction will register 4-5 moves. I.e. on edit lines, controller on the LW1 position and trying to move down to the LW2 position will move all the way to LW4; trying to move back up to LW3 will take you all the way to LW1. The same with cycling through positions on a trade screen in Franchise, Season, etc. Start on All Forwards, tap right one spot, and it skips centers, LW, RW, and ends up on Defense or Goalies. This will happen for a minute or so, then go back to normal for awhile. Controllers are charged, system has been hard reset multiple times, and I am using two original XB1 controllers and the problem happens on both. I do not see it on any games other than NHL16 and now again on NHL 17.
What do you expect to see?: The controller moving from one column/row at a time, not skipping 4-5 at a time.

No screenshots or videos

Message 1 of 6 (699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: XB1 Controller automoving beyond selected choice

★★ Novice

Bought a new controller, and "for experimental purposes" I played NHL 17 for about 16 hours.  I think I just broke both controllers over the years of NHL gaming.  Standard smile

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (741 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tjn71

Can you test with another controller or swap out the batteries on your current one and test this. Please let us know if either of those steps helps at all, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (670 Views)

★★ Novice

Both of my old controllers were still performing this way.  I purchased a new controller over the weekend and will be testing it this week.  I will post a followup sometime this week as an update.  Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (644 Views)

Community Manager

@tjn71

Please do. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (641 Views)

★★ Novice

Bought a new controller, and "for experimental purposes" I played NHL 17 for about 16 hours.  I think I just broke both controllers over the years of NHL gaming.  Standard smile

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 6 (742 Views)

Community Manager

@tjn71

Great, thanks for letting us know.

barry.png
Message 6 of 6 (589 Views)