Re: Unopened packs disappeared

by Straatford87

Original Post

★★ Novice

that is complete BS - NO WHERE did they say that they had a time frame to open - otherwise, like ALL OF US, we wud have opened them instantaneously!!
i also had the same problem - had 20 packs - opened 13 , then had the last 7 disappear!!
i got thru to EA - they said they looked at my account and that i opened all of them... and that was it

i also find it very hard to believe they can't see how many we were given and how many were opened
this will be the last time i pre-order anything

and the new 20 items with 2 rare..?? realyy...?? 2 RARE...?? 
they don't give a * about those who have played the game for decades - they just want the dollar bills

Message 21 of 45 (3,312 Views)

EA DICE Team

The terms & conditions for the different NHL versions can be found, here:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/game-and-offer-disclaimers

Depending on the game version that you have it is detailed on that page that your packs will disappear if you do not log in.

Message 22 of 45 (3,304 Views)

★★ Novice

nope - says NOTHING about user return packs
those are the ones that disappeared
get your facts str8 before the BS answers!!!

Message 23 of 45 (3,303 Views)

EA DICE Team

@derrydoo

You are probably referring to pre-order packs and returning user packs combined? All 20 packs would not be returning user ones..

Message 24 of 45 (3,302 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah, I guess - but either way, why wud there be an expiry...??

we pay $110 (tax included) for a deluxe pre-ordered video game, then given a time limit to reap the benefits...???

again, everyone wud have opened them all right away if it was not in the fine print

obviously it's pretty frustrating - I know it's not u personally

just a bit disappointing

Message 25 of 45 (3,298 Views)

EA DICE Team

@derrydoo

I understand - I too would be frustrated if my content went missing.

I can see that your case is still with our Advisors so they should be able to pick it up for you from here.

Message 26 of 45 (3,302 Views)

★★ Novice
So is this just going to be washed away? I read the other comments about needing to use them or something by a certain date but I don't know where this was specified. I understand if nothing can be done. I'll just have to quit nhl after being a loyal customer since NHLPA 93
Message 27 of 45 (3,255 Views)

EA DICE Team

@montaukcrew

All that information is available, here:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/game-and-offer-disclaimers

Message 28 of 45 (3,251 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Tom,

I've looked through the conditions and all seems clear to me.

As far as I can tell, I've still had some of my returning user packs removed from my account.

The problem as I see it lies with the diagnostic tool used by the customer service experts use to check our accounts. After a number of very long discussions with the customer help line reps I was informed that the diagnostic tool can only detect if NONE of the returning user packs have been opened OR if SOME of them have been opened. Unfortunately the tool can't detect HOW MANY HAVE BEEN OPENED. In my case it needs to be able to tell how many have been opened. I had Twelve 20item gold packs. I opened 3 packs, then signed out before opening any more. The next day the remaining packs had gone. And I'm being told that I've opened my packs so I can't have them returned to me. My maths suggests I'm nine packs short.

All I'm asking for is someone to have a DETAILED look at my account, at which point it will be apparent that I have had returning user packs removed. At the very least your experts need to be given a better suite of diagnostic tools so they can respond to your customers needs in a more appropriate way. 

I would also like to pass on a big thank you to the customer service reps that went above and beyond to answer my requests and were eventually able to determine exactly what information the diagnostic tools were able to determine.

I hope you can get someone to follow up on this, have my account looked at and have a review of the tools that are supplied to your customer service teams.

Thanks,

Dominic

Message 29 of 45 (3,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This still does not explain why I lost seven packs sithing in my inbox please respond when you have the proper answer. I don't see where it is stated that I needed to use the packs after a certain time from game launch. Thank you I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited in from other post:

I'm surprised to hear this. My customer service was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. He was extremely rude and told me that I was lying about my situation. I've always heard bad things about EA and never had a problem until now.

Message 30 of 45 (3,237 Views)