Unable to make any roster moves after trade in franchise mode

by ajjjjjjl

Original Post

Unable to make any roster moves after trade in franchise mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Every roster move results in "These moves will result in your team being over the NHL salary cap." after trade in franchise mode
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Made a trade for a goalie near the trade deadline in year 2 of franchise mode. (Ritchie, Elie, 1st, 3rd for Korpisalo). I have 2.695M in cap space with 20 or so games to go in the season. If I try to call up a player from the AHL, for example Dickinson (2-way 0.895M/yr 0.198M/remaining), I get the error despite having the cap space. I get the error even if I try to only send a player down, like my 3rd NHL goalie (Neuvrith 1-way 2.375M/yr 0.525/remaining) which should only give me more cap space.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even if I'm only sending a player down, I get the error "These moves will result in your team being over the NHL salary cap." Prevents me from making any roster moves.
What do you expect to see? The ability to send down and call up players within the cap limit

Made a trade for a goalie near the trade deadline in year 2 of franchise mode. (Ritchie, Elie, 1st, 3rd for Korpisalo). I have 2.695M in cap space with 20 or so games to go in the season. If I try to call up a player from the AHL, for example Dickinson (2-way 0.895M/yr 0.198M/remaining), I get the error despite having the cap space. I get the error even if I try to only send a player down, like my 3rd NHL goalie (Neuvrith 1-way 2.375M/yr 0.525/remaining) which should only give me more cap space. 

Message 1 of 3 (4,521 Views)

Re: Unable to make any roster moves after trade in franchise mode

★ Novice
I've had exactly the same problem after making a trade just before the deadline. Did you have a player injured who came back immediately after the deadline? I wondered if that had something to do with it. And does it go away when the next season starts?
Message 2 of 3 (4,388 Views)

Re: Unable to make any roster moves after trade in franchise mode

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem in both NHL 17 and NHL 18. I made a trade near the deadline, then the player I acquired for some reason went to the AHL, and when I tried to call him up to the NHL, I couldn't because apparently I would be over the cap, despite the fact that the trade went through and I'm supposed to still have a few hundred grands in cap space after the move. Now I'm stuck since I can't do any move, whether to call up or send down a player, because I would be over the salary cap.

Message 3 of 3 (3,958 Views)