Re: Players stop skating when they have the puck

by JordanR1619

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Players stop skating when they have the puck

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Controller stops working when I have the puck.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Debugging...
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything works perfectly fine in every game and in every situation, but as soon as I have the puck, I can only move my stick. This bug only occurs when my controls are set to Skill Stick. I tested the other stick control layouts and everything works perfectly fine.
What do you expect to see? My player moving...

Here's what I tried before posting the issue, with no luck:

- Restart console

- Update controller

- Reset controller to factory defaults

- Tried with controller plugged in through USB

- Reinstall the game

I also tried with two other controllers: one had the exact same problem, the other would work for a little while, then do the same thing as the other two.

Also, this thread did not help

If anyone could provide any help, it'd be really appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12 (34,038 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@larryx46

What seems to be happening is when you have selected the option to control shooting with the right stick the game is picking up a slight “up” press on the right stick which puts the player into shooting stance and you are limited in the movements you can make.

The relevant people are aware of this but for now swap the controller layout to use the buttons for shooting rather than the right stick.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (38,382 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@larryx46

What seems to be happening is when you have selected the option to control shooting with the right stick the game is picking up a slight “up” press on the right stick which puts the player into shooting stance and you are limited in the movements you can make.

The relevant people are aware of this but for now swap the controller layout to use the buttons for shooting rather than the right stick.

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (38,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have this very same issue with one of my controllers but it is intermittent. I may skate for a while then it stops working. My other controller is not having this issue (model no 1537). The controller that has the issue is model no 1697. I remember it started happening after I updated it.

Proposed solution is ridiculous and as it is not a solution, its a workaround at best. I want to play regular controls.
Please correct this issue.
Message 3 of 12 (33,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

Maybe this is same problem to PS4, because PS4 original controller (coming together for consol) the controller must press hard enough to operate properly reactions and it will remain ever after.

My solution to the problem was to buy to the second controller. I need to buy 1 - 2 controller per year, this is normal for me because i play very much and all controlers is not as long lasting...

Message 4 of 12 (33,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

My controller is ok, I also play other games and since I have no reaction problem with the controllers.
It's just the gameplay
It's EA Sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afZU1vmbmz8

Also the controller its fault?

Message 5 of 12 (33,527 Views)

Message 6 of 12 (33,520 Views)

★★★ Novice

This final video, just looks same what happened me, because i use checking buttons (hybrid controls) and need to press checking button again and player gets the puck. Player checking buttons is sometimes "on" and you need to press button when it is "off". This bug is since 2016 NHL game. And no matter if you checking for R3 button, checking is sometimes "on-off", and player not take puck if this is "on".

Message 7 of 12 (33,512 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I am having the exact same issue right now in NHL 18. Havent this been fixed yet?

Message 8 of 12 (31,614 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I’m having this problem now, you ever get yours fixed?
Message 9 of 12 (29,970 Views)

★ Novice
Yes, i bought a New controller and then it worked
Message 10 of 12 (29,955 Views)