Re: Ping in EASHL problems

by danmac7719

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ping in EASHL problems

★★ Novice

So from the start of the NHL 17 year I was getting like 25-30 ping on wifi, was finally able to get a wired connection going at the start of 2017 and that was bumping my ping down to the 10-14 range.  Every once in a while I would get into those games where my ping would bump up to like the low 30's, but for like 97% of my games I was in that 10-14 range.  Last week though while playing EASHL the power in my area went out, no big deal I thought, it happens.  However, on getting my power back I went back into EASHL and my first game I had a 75 ping.  Just an unlucky connection I thought.  Next game the same thing happened and since last Thursday I have not been able to get a game where my ping is lower than 60 and it has been as high as 90.  I've played at least one game everyday to see if maybe I've been having bad luck with connection, but it's becoming evident that something with my connection has changed.  I am still on a wired connection and have open the proper ports for NHL 17.  Was wondering if I could receive any help here before I need to contact a game advisors to try and sort out the problem.

I have not had any problems with any of my other games, only NHL 17, and do not have any other EA games to see if it is my connection to the EA servers or just a problem with NHL 17.

Message 1 of 10 (6,992 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I was finally able to factory reset my router and I seems to has fixed the problem, for now anyways.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (7,390 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem all year i had 15-20 ping and 30-40 when west host. But now im 60-90 everygame and it is only this game it is happening to.
Message 2 of 10 (6,910 Views)

Community Manager

@IIxOWENxII@danmac7719

Has there been any change on your ISP side of things?

Power cycling your router may help.

barry.png
Message 3 of 10 (6,904 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I was finally able to factory reset my router and I seems to has fixed the problem, for now anyways.

Message 4 of 10 (7,391 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there. I am having trouble with connection on EASHL. Usually I have 25-35 ping at a flare rate, but the last few days have been really inconsistent. It seems every game my ping starts in the 25-35 range but spikes up to as high as 2,000 every 5-10 seconds. I’ve hard reset my router,Xbox, And changed many Xbox settings with no solution to be found. It’s very frustrating considering no other games or EA games seem to act up like this.

any suggestions? NHL 19 is nearly impossible to play and it seems it could be a server issue on EA’s side?

Message 5 of 10 (5,973 Views)

Community Manager

@johnnatale 

Crazy high ping times can sometimes be due to the DNS setup you are using.

Try using Google Public DNS instead: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 10 (5,954 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Barry thanks for the reply. I've tried multiple DNS severs, opened all necessary ports, and checked my router settings. Everything at my household works fine with the current internet except xbox one. Clearing the Mac address, using static IP, changing DNS, etc. hasn't lead to a sustainable fix. At random times i'll reset my router and xbox and the game will work fine for roughly an hour. This is a rare occurrence though. Do you have any other potential solutions? Obviously contacting my ISP might lead somewhere, but they just gave us this router within the last year. Everything was working fine until roughly a month ago. Nothing on my internet side of things has change.

If you have any other potential suggestions please let me know,

Current detailed network statistics:

Download speed: 67 Mbps

Upload Speed: 12 Mbps

Latency: 73

Wireless strength: 92 %

Packet loss 1% ( I think this packet loss has been affecting the gaming experience. It jumps between 0-6 % often... Can't find a solution to keep it at o%)

Thanks again,

John

Message 7 of 10 (5,911 Views)

Community Manager

@johnnatale 

Packet loss will be a problem. Try monitoring that when using different DNS servers and stick with the best one. Connecting with a cable (to your router) rather than wirelessly is always preferable.

barry.png
Message 8 of 10 (5,889 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry Sorry your answer doesnt address when someone has low ping for example I have 25ms in rivals
75ms in GWC

Which basically was a death nail for my 2020 GWC.

Which is also *.
Message 9 of 10 (4,392 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry Explain why GWC is 75ms and Rivals is 25ms avg.

Why the difference.

I am in vegas and have cox 1gb speed with a ax12 router.

Yet still 75ms in gwc.

Not cool and why??
Message 10 of 10 (4,386 Views)