When will I get my money back or my points for NHL???

by JeffDano34

Original Post

No Points received, took my $$$

★★★★ Novice
I have been waiting 24 hours for my points purchase from NHL 17... I can't get a hold of EA. What is going on??!!!
Message 1 of 34 (1,077 Views)

When will I get my money back or my points for NHL???

★★★★ Novice

It's been 27 hours since my money has been taken... Still can't get a hold of Help.ea.com and NOT A SINGLE EA REP HAS RESPONDED TO ME!!!!!

I am beyond frustrated right now!!!!

Message 2 of 34 (1,070 Views)

Re: No Points received, took my $$$

Community Manager

@JeffDano34

Can you let us know where exactly you are having difficulty contacting an Advisor, does it get stuck on step 4: 'complete request' ?

barry.png
Message 3 of 34 (1,058 Views)

Frequent in-game purchase errors lead to giving ea money with nothing in return

★★★★ Novice

Had interesting event happen today regarding in-game purchase of NHL Points. Yesterday, I was trying to purchase 2200 NHL points when it error say the transaction couldn't be completed and to try later. I did, then it said said the same thing so I gave up. But later that evening i got an email saying my credit card had been charged for both transactions that didn't complete. I started a chat yesterday with help.ea.com they said I needed to wait 24 hours, so I did. Today It was still on my bank statement and showed on my Microsoft account. I contacted ea again and they said I needed to provide proof of purchase by sending them a screen shot with the transactions and my gamertag on it. But Microsoft doesn't show the gamertag on the purchase history page since it takes you out of the Xbox login page which does have your gamertag to the Microsoft accounts page which doesn't. That was that, they said that they would not be able to refund me without giving them something that was impossible to give them.

Message 4 of 34 (1,079 Views)

Frequent in-game purchase errors lead to giving ea money with nothing in return

★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: Purchasing NHL points often Often fails but still charges your credit card.
How often does the bug occur?: Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Purchase NHL Points.
What happens when the bug occurs?: error message saying, "transaction can't be completed at this time, please try later."
What do you expect to see?: A completed transaction with NHL points being added to my account.

Had interesting event happen today regarding in-game purchase of NHL Points. Yesterday, I was trying to purchase 2200 NHL points when it error say the transaction couldn't be completed and to try later. I did, then it said said the same thing so I gave up. But later that evening i got an email saying my credit card had been charged for both transactions that didn't complete. I started a chat yesterday with help.ea.com they said I needed to wait 24 hours, so I did. Today It was still on my bank statement and showed on my Microsoft account. I contacted ea again and they said I needed to provide proof of purchase by sending them a screen shot with the transactions and my gamertag on it. But Microsoft doesn't show the gamertag on the purchase history page since it takes you out of the Xbox login page which does have your gamertag to the Microsoft accounts page which doesn't. That was that, they said that they would not be able to refund me without giving them something that was impossible to give them.

Message 5 of 34 (1,089 Views)

Re: Frequent in-game purchase errors lead to giving ea money with nothing in ret

★★ Novice

Hi! Check out this article on the EA Help site - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase. That should answer your question about what screenshots the EA advisors need to get you the points you purchased.

Message 6 of 34 (1,065 Views)

Re: Frequent in-game purchase errors lead to giving ea money with nothing in ret

★★ Novice
I as well am having the same exact problem. I bought the 2800 point pack, charged my credit card, but didnt get the points.
Message 7 of 34 (1,073 Views)

Community Manager

@RedLzrLytKillr

Thank you.

barry.png
Message 8 of 34 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry to hear that. The only solution that worked was to have Xbox Support credit you back for the purchase. However if you do want to buy points I tested this solution on all the points below 2200 and it worked. What I did is select the points, and when it brings up your payment selection window instead hit "B" to back-out. It will display the error message then take you back to the points page. Re-select the exact points you backed out in and this time go all the way through to finalize the purchase. This method charged my card and gave me the points. Good luck and hope this helps.

Message 9 of 34 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@JeffDano34@stevo6412@RedLzrLytKillr

Are you guys still seeing this issue occur?

If so, can anyone confirm the workaround posted by @futurshock please?

barry.png
Message 10 of 34 (1,035 Views)