Re: NHL17 Unplayable V Finns from the UK.

by HEDEVINE

Original Post

NHL17 Unplayable V Finns from the UK.

★★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Game unplayable in the UK v Finns
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? PLay the game in the UK v Finns
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't win faceoffs usually 3-30 Passes just don't hit Players are sluggish and don't respond Can't get shots on target, when you do it's superman keepers. PLayers just stand around and don't move into space. Or as another member put it at https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/81278/ok-i-quit/p1 eyebrowz84 wrote: I'm so glad it's not just me! I got NHL 17 free of charge from EA after complaining that Finland is unplayable from the UK last year. Once I threatened litigation (after being refused a refund) they gave me a bunch of free stuff to quiet down. Anyway, I will bet ANY takers 1,000,000 coins that I can identify within 5 minutes whether they are from Finland or not. I may as well be playing an entirely different game - it is THAT unique of an experience. The main features of a game against a Finn are; Your stick is a 'ghost'. Much like the nerfed stick lift, pokechecks will pass through the player and puck as if you're a ghost. Turning is painfully slow, especially defending one on ones. Your skaters are a split second slower. The opponent has a super-poke, which they can use to strip you of the puck from 10 feet away. They're pretty particularly good at pokechecks from behind, which pass through your body. Faceoffs? Forget them. The annoying guide will tell me 'great timing' every time but if I win more than 20% of draws it's a miracle. Again, upon replay the stick passes straight through the opponents and the puck. Even if I try and spam the tie up, it won't work. Battles/incidental collisions will ALWAYS result in the opponent winning the puck. Like it's magnetised in their favour. The AI: They're lost. I mean so far out of position it's hilarious. Your D will both head behind the net to chase one guy on the PP, leaving it open for the inevitable one-time goal. The forwards make a point out of trying to skate the exact same lanes, leading to friendly collisions every other rush (on the rare occasion you get possession). Goaltenders may as well not bother with their positions. Figure skaters: POPULAR MISCONCEPTION. What you're experiencing is a combination of the above. Being slow, unable to jostle and taking 7 attempts to select the correct player means that they can skate around you with ease. I've been messaged numerous times by Finn's who think it's weirdly easy to skate by me and ask if I've got lag. My time on attack is usually around 3 mins to their 11. The sad thing is, it's actually got worse. Exactly the same problems as last year but feel amplified. Last year I could kind of compensate with solid D, but this year I'm regularly getting done over 9-2 or similar, usually giving up 18 shots or so. EA know about this issue but are either not skilled enough or have no desire to fix it. Utterly, utterly pathetic. I shouldn't have to guess from the username if it's a Finn then try searching for a game over and over until I'm lucky enough to get a Czech or Dane for example. The game is great when it's smooth, but despite great network stats it's NEVER smooth against Finland. Every single one of my friends in the UK reports the same issue. I challenge ANY representative from EA to try and justify producing the exact same fault as last year or tell me I'm wrong. Fix it or start refunding those who pump money into this game.
What do you expect to see? An unplayable mess of a game with no ability to compete

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Game unplayable in the UK when matched up against Finnish players.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in the UK against Finns
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't win faceoffs usually 3-30 Passes just don't hit Players are sluggish and don't respond Can't get shots on target, when you do it's superman keepers. PLayers just stand around and don't move into space. Or as another member put it at https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/81278/ok-i-quit/p1 eyebrowz84 wrote: I'm so glad it's not just me! I got NHL 17 free of charge from EA after complaining that Finland is unplayable from the UK last year. Once I threatened litigation (after being refused a refund) they gave me a bunch of free stuff to quiet down. Anyway, I will bet ANY takers 1,000,000 coins that I can identify within 5 minutes whether they are from Finland or not. I may as well be playing an entirely different game - it is THAT unique of an experience. The main features of a game against a Finn are; Your stick is a 'ghost'. Much like the nerfed stick lift, pokechecks will pass through the player and puck as if you're a ghost. Turning is painfully slow, especially defending one on ones. Your skaters are a split second slower. The opponent has a super-poke, which they can use to strip you of the puck from 10 feet away. They're pretty particularly good at pokechecks from behind, which pass through your body. Faceoffs? Forget them. The annoying guide will tell me 'great timing' every time but if I win more than 20% of draws it's a miracle. Again, upon replay the stick passes straight through the opponents and the puck. Even if I try and spam the tie up, it won't work. Battles/incidental collisions will ALWAYS result in the opponent winning the puck. Like it's magnetised in their favour. The AI: They're lost. I mean so far out of position it's hilarious. Your D will both head behind the net to chase one guy on the PP, leaving it open for the inevitable one-time goal. The forwards make a point out of trying to skate the exact same lanes, leading to friendly collisions every other rush (on the rare occasion you get possession). Goaltenders may as well not bother with their positions. Figure skaters: POPULAR MISCONCEPTION. What you're experiencing is a combination of the above. Being slow, unable to jostle and taking 7 attempts to select the correct player means that they can skate around you with ease. I've been messaged numerous times by Finn's who think it's weirdly easy to skate by me and ask if I've got lag. My time on attack is usually around 3 mins to their 11. The sad thing is, it's actually got worse. Exactly the same problems as last year but feel amplified. Last year I could kind of compensate with solid D, but this year I'm regularly getting done over 9-2 or similar, usually giving up 18 shots or so. EA know about this issue but are either not skilled enough or have no desire to fix it. Utterly, utterly pathetic. I shouldn't have to guess from the username if it's a Finn then try searching for a game over and over until I'm lucky enough to get a Czech or Dane for example. The game is great when it's smooth, but despite great network stats it's NEVER smooth against Finland. Every single one of my friends in the UK reports the same issue. I challenge ANY representative from EA to try and justify producing the exact same fault as last year or tell me I'm wrong. Fix it or start refunding those who pump money into this game.
What do you expect to see? JUst an unplayable mess against Finns only, no other matchup nation has this issue.

Message 1 of 21 (13,383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had same problem like you.I tryed a lot stuff to fixed but unsuccessful.I tryed switched provider in Uk: BT,VIRGIN MEDIA,SKY,PLUSNET...next different routers asus rt ac68u,rt ac 66u, asus merlin firmware,dd-wrt firmware,netduma router..next static ip to ps4,upnp on/off,port forwarding,dmz ps4,qos for reduce bufferbloat..next checked all my home network if no malware with spybot.No change still got same issue.Same on nhl 16 and nhl 17.When I contacted ea support got answer "please sell this game".So I asking ea why you selling this game in uk if not worked?Just looking for profit?When I play game online my player looks like chicken on ice,like be a first time on ice.For example I tryed attack opponents player with my 4 players but unsuccessful.Opponents players is made from rock.No chance get puck and he score without problem.Or opponent player dump the puck and my goalie tryed get  the puck behind the net, in moment when touch 0.5sec I get 2 min for delay game.If I do same stuff opponent goalie get puck and he can move goalie maybe 6-7 second without problem and no penalty.Or opponents player just little touch me and my player flying away 2 metres.When I pocke check opponent player looks like that nothing is happened because  "Im rock".I have so many story about game play.All is already published on ea forum.After this game is unreal and unaplayable.I know how play this game but is not possible if my opponent is 2-3 times faster and I can not reaction because Im slow.In NHL 16 my team was 99 99 99 but I was still slowly.Now I have 6 synergy activated include TW(team wheel) +3 all players accelerate but Im still slowly.Really I dont understanding what is wrong with this game and as I see all players from uk had this problem(checked forum).https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/81278/ok-i-quit/p1. Sorry for my english.

Message 2 of 21 (13,259 Views)

Anonymous

Article: NHL 17
Platform: Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your mistake. Why do my players react when the opponent has the puck? Why are my players running so slowly?
How often does the error occur? 100%
Steps: How can we find the error? At my home
What happens if the error occurs? I lose and curse EA Sports
What do you expect to see? Which will finally eliminate the bugs or go EA Sports Bankruptcy
This hotel is located in the city center.
I hate you, you whistle-you should slay your mist
Never again an EA game

Oh, and you can finally admit that certain North European states have better servers.
Or why an opponent runs through the field and shoots a goal.
My players do not even react

SHEET CONTRIBUTORS

Because it's a *, * play,
but
Always nice fat päcks sell
EA = mist company

Message 3 of 21 (13,251 Views)

Anonymous

This game serves only one to pull the customers' money out of pocket

Message 4 of 21 (13,250 Views)

Anonymous

Finland or Sweden - you notice immediately when you play against such heinis

Message 5 of 21 (13,248 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

When I contacted my provider answer was :EA DONT LIKE UK..when I contacted EA answer was :SELL THIS GAME...Question is who can help me? If my provider and EA dont wanna.This game is very frustrating and make peaple very angry.If this was purpose from EA then well done job EA.I played today two games with shots 40:6. From 40 shots I scored only once, 6 times I hited crossboard,7 times I not scored to empty net.My opponent from 6 shots scored 4 times without problem from any posittion.Really I dont understand.I have 7 synergy activated include 4 for team and 3 for player overall my team had 95-94-92 and I still had slow reaction on puck,can not pocke check or scored.In nhl 16 I made 350 shots in 10 games and I scored only twice..all opponents goalie was invincible.And I owned 98 goalie.Scored in 10 game was 2:52.

Message 6 of 21 (13,224 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still awaiting a response from EA.....

Message 7 of 21 (13,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I made traceroute with this result :

Host Name                        IP Address        Hop    Ping Time   Ping Avg   % Loss    Pkts r/s   Ping best/worst
* Unknown Host *                 192.168.1.254     1      0ms         0ms        0%        102 / 102  0ms / 1ms
telehouse-gw3-lo1.idnet.net      212.69.63.47      2      20ms        13ms       0%        102 / 102  12ms / 39ms
telehouse-gw8-v523.idnet.net     212.69.63.82      3      12ms        12ms       0%        102 / 102  11ms / 53ms
telehouse-gw7-v505.idnet.net     212.69.63.72      4      12ms        15ms       0%        102 / 102  12ms / 94ms
* Unknown Host *                 195.66.236.31     5      14ms        13ms       0%        102 / 102  13ms / 14ms
unknown.prolexic.com             72.52.60.194      6      13ms        13ms       0%        102 / 102  13ms / 14ms
unknown.prolexic.com             72.52.60.197      7      14ms        14ms       0%        102 / 102  13ms / 31ms
* Unknown Host *                 0.0.0.0           8      0ms
unknown.prolexic.com             209.200.168.132   9      85ms        85ms       0%        102 / 102  85ms / 86ms
* Unknown Host *                 159.153.93.2      10     91ms                   100%      0 / 101
* Unknown Host *                 159.153.226.70    11     92ms                   100%      0 / 101
* Unknown Host *                 159.153.226.67    12     92ms                   100%      0 / 101

100% packet lost on us servers..any advices EA?..or you ignore this problem? If yes then I looking for full refund because this game is unplayablle online.Thank you

Message 8 of 21 (13,200 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Waited on live chat 1hour showed me waiting time 10-15 min.After 1 hour spend waiting showed me sorry there are not advisors available at this time.unbelievable support.

Message 9 of 21 (13,194 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Really I dont understand how to send file if live chat not worked and I cant open case..followed this..https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-attach-a-file-to-your-ea-help-ticket/.Can you please explain me how contact support EA?

Message 10 of 21 (13,186 Views)