Re: NHL 17 Xbox one - can't find players

by scottsuess44

Original Post

★ Apprentice
If EA's games and servers fully support ipv6 then why is everyone always telling us to put google public dns on our routers settings? Aren't these dns options 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 only for ipv4? Lol I'm so confused and frustrated about all if this already and it seems like nobody has a real answer anymore. Damn you EA support team you guys don't even know what you guys write lol
Message 41 of 63 (2,689 Views)

★ Apprentice
Why would I spend hundreds of $$$ on a router just to play games online? Shouldn't our internet providers have a solution for this since we are paying them for internet access and isn't this what the problem is here? It's because ipv4 and ipv6 from what I figured out and both EA and our internet providers are the ones that should fix this issue not us because isn't that what we are paying for?
Message 42 of 63 (2,688 Views)

★ Guide

now we have solo many devices hooked up to the router that we need a gaming router to prioritize the gaming connection.

Our IP providers need to offer this.....but they won't.

and yes imo EA screwed up with peer to peer VS and HUT...it should be server based. 

Message 43 of 63 (2,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Exactly.
I don't agree with any of this * at all I haven't used a router since our modems didn't have wireless option, but now that they do why would I need to get one just to play 2 or 3 games?
Every other game I own works perfectly fine for some reason it's just nhl17 and fifa17 so that tells me it's EA and not our internet providers.
What's wrong EA? Are you guys too scared to admit you guys screwed up once again?
It's bad enough we have to pay for these overpriced games that keep getting jacked up every once in a while and now your telling us that we have to buy a router just so we can play online?
Are you guys kidding me?
Fix your stuff EA
Message 44 of 63 (2,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can EA Sports stand up and issue a bulletin how to solve this.  The ISP(rogers) and many others in USA and Canada have identified its Microsoft issue and as it relates to many of the EA Sports games.  It is shamefull the resolution is by different hardware.  This needs to be escalated with Microsoft.   You are putting bandaids on a problem without resolution OR acknowledging you have an issue.  It takes ten seconds to google the problem and get a ton of hits.  WHy avoid...issue a technical bulletin to your consumers that we can work with the ISP's

@SFANECA13 wrote:
Exactly.
I don't agree with any of this * at all I haven't used a router since our modems didn't have wireless option, but now that they do why would I need to get one just to play 2 or 3 games?
Every other game I own works perfectly fine for some reason it's just nhl17 and fifa17 so that tells me it's EA and not our internet providers.
What's wrong EA? Are you guys too scared to admit you guys screwed up once again?
It's bad enough we have to pay for these overpriced games that keep getting jacked up every once in a while and now your telling us that we have to buy a router just so we can play online?
Are you guys kidding me?
Fix your stuff EA

Message 45 of 63 (2,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Everything under the sun is port forwarded. My NAT is wide Open. Peer To Peer (Versus) games do not work on NHL 17. Online team play works fine. Also having trouble with fifa matchmaking but haven't tried it as many times so it could be unrelated. This is infuriating. Need an explanation.

Message 46 of 63 (2,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

****POSSIBLE FIX****

So I've been fighting with port forwarding and DMZ for a bout a week and had zero luck. But saw someone mention IP4/IP6 issues. My router was set to IP4 - IP6 dual but just now i changed it to just IP4 and was able to play my first head to head versus game. Hopefully this works for others.

Message 47 of 63 (2,109 Views)

★ Guide

@ozfinger

HUT/VS = peer to peer ...ipv4

EASHL=server based....ipv6

Message 48 of 63 (2,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well thats gonna be a pain in the * if I have to keep switching back and forth....I have yet to try EASHL since switching....But thanks for the tip!

Message 49 of 63 (2,088 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
I've had this problem for months now. Changed my modem haven't had any luck. Spent hours on the phone with my ISP and nothing has changed. Still cannot find any opponents. Have tried everything I can think of. Anyone have an idea what I could try next ?
Message 50 of 63 (2,051 Views)