Re: NHL 17 Xbox one - can't find players

by dvella6

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

When i reached my isp last time, they told me its an error on your side so its no use

Message 21 of 63 (3,613 Views)

★ Guide

IS nhl ipv6 friendly???????????

I've heard using an asus router is the way to go.

i have had this issue....i have been able to find peer to peer games wireless and not wired.... i believe it is an ipv4 and ipv6 issue,the work around is the asus router or a good gaming router.

but really EA what is going on are you ipv4 or ipv6????because the one time i found a peer to peer game my xbox only showed ipv4 with mod nat.ipv6 didn't show up at all.

Message 22 of 63 (12,917 Views)

Re: Nhl 17 can't can't find opponent

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

[Edit - Admin.] Do you know that ipv6 is the issue and or his router? [Be nice - Admin.]

Message 23 of 63 (4,468 Views)

Community Manager

@rUnotENTERTAlND

The following is from this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic

If you're having frequent disconnections on a peer-to-peer connection, particularly in games like FIFA, it's possible that your network is using newer IPv6 IP addresses rather than the more common (and previously standard) IPv4 type.

• IPv4 IP addresses are 32-bit numerical strings separated by periods. For example, 192.168.1.1
  • IPv6 IP addresses are 128-bit hexadecimal strings separated by colons. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

Unfortunately, IPv6 and IPv4 are not yet at the point where they work well together on peer-to-peer connections. If you find that you lose your connection every time you play against a particular friend or whenever you join a match, chances are that you or your opponent are using IPv6.

You may need to speak to your ISP if you suspect this is the case, as they can advise you on any hardware or router firmware changes you might need to make to switch to IPv4 for gaming. 

barry.png
Message 24 of 63 (3,579 Views)

★ Guide

quick reply.....thank you.

thats what i thought.in my rogers (hiltron) i can not turn offf ipv6.So the work around is bridge the router(hiltron)to a asus(or other gaming router)that can turn it off.....right!?!

had this problem since september,so have others why no help until now??

and to be honest i had to figure this out myself you just confirmed what i thought.you guys hiring...need me to help?lol

your trouble shooting needs to be updated to include this info!

Thank you again though for not leaving me hanging.

as for routers i (imo)would suggest the asus ac3100($350) or if you got $$the asus ac5100($500).

also I'm on Rogers with hiltron modem...you could try bell.

Message 25 of 63 (3,572 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If u do get it fixed is there anyway you can tell me plz

Message 26 of 63 (3,538 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

when will u guys implement ipv4 and ipv6 into ur game..... im getting sick of this. u guys are the worst company in all of gaming for a reason. @EA_Barry

Message 27 of 63 (3,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

and still no response

Message 28 of 63 (3,471 Views)

★ Apprentice
Anything EA really, there's lots of people with this exact problem and lots of other games that have no problem working with IPv6, why is it I still can't play this game online with out spending money on a $300 router as my only option to play the game, it's like we're being punished for using Xbox's recommended internet
Message 29 of 63 (3,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

getting packet loss when pinging easo.ea.com on hop 7 and 8 and you can see no issues with my rogers internet provider no packet loss on all of there hops @EA_Barry

Message 30 of 63 (3,441 Views)