Re: NHL 17 Xbox one - can't find players

by fredderk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 17 Xbox one - can't find players

★★★ Newbie
Every time I go to the online seasons in NHL 17 HUT mode it always says finding opponents and like 30 seconds later it just says " failed to retrieve data; please try again later " and it does the same for draft champions and for invite friend it just stays on " waiting for opponent "
Can anyone help me with this problem? It's been happening for 2 days straight!!
Message 1 of 63 (18,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

IS nhl ipv6 friendly???????????

I've heard using an asus router is the way to go.

i have had this issue....i have been able to find peer to peer games wireless and not wired.... i believe it is an ipv4 and ipv6 issue,the work around is the asus router or a good gaming router.

but really EA what is going on are you ipv4 or ipv6????because the one time i found a peer to peer game my xbox only showed ipv4 with mod nat.ipv6 didn't show up at all.

View in thread

Message 22 of 63 (12,918 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
The great minds at EA will try telling you about port forwarding and * like that. It won't help. Done all of that still have the same issue. Just best to wait for EA to slowly drag their feet in the mud to get it fixed. In the meantime I'm suggesting play other games online that do work because your internet is fine. It's just a problem EA doesn't want to admit to
Message 2 of 63 (18,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Kyle_pedro_97 @fredderk

We will certainly share news about server issues with you.

Since I can confirm that players are currently online without issues it means that you are most likely experiencing a network configuration error. 

If you don't want to look at port forwarding then a simpler solution would be to enable UPnP on your router, and make sure that no firewall settings are enabled - using a wired internet connection is also recommended.

Message 3 of 63 (18,452 Views)

★ Apprentice
It was originally set up with no firewalls and UPnP and it didn't work. So I entered all possible port numbers into port forwarding and still no luck. It's just very strange how I can play EASHL games in NHL 17 but can't connect to anyone in HUT online. I was able to play HUT online as I have a 2-1 record but now I can't and I haven't done anything with my setup other than add a bunch of different port forwarding ports that have been suggested.
Message 4 of 63 (18,445 Views)

EA DICE Team

@fredderk

Thanks for the clarification. 

Have you reached out to your internet provider yet? I have witnessed cases where ports were blocked from the side of an internet provider, or changes were made in their system that effected our players.

Message 5 of 63 (18,444 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry but it isn't our internet configuration or the ports in relation to the ISP.

As I stated in another post, trying to play HUT has been intermittent since it was released.

It works occasionally but usually when searching for a player (aka finding opponent) the game ends up getting the Failed to Retrieve Data error (my assumption is it has timed out).

Port Forwarding doesn't change anything.

It is almost like the game is checking the "pool" of available players and it always appears to be empty.

Message 6 of 63 (18,433 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue.  Has nothing to do with port forwarding.  I spent 5 days straight with my internet and connection issues, upgraded to a premium modem and speed.  HUT worked for 5 days and now only EASHL works.  Shootouts, online versus, and HUT just say unable to retrieve data.  I have talked to many people with this same issue.

Message 7 of 63 (18,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the exact same issue im having, i have also tried opening all the ports etc.

Message 8 of 63 (18,399 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've opened all ports as well. Can play other games online such as I just played Mortal Kombat X in a player vs player match so I know it's not my internet, isp, ports or any other problem EA wants to tell me. This has been going on for over a week for me. I'm now just learning to accept the fact I can't play EA games online and may have to start thinking on wether I want to keep buying their games.
Message 9 of 63 (18,325 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I cant find any opponents also , I just started playing and I have been trying to play my First game in Online Season HUT 17 , its been 3 days , cant find anyone... i play FIFA 17 FUT season no problem, GTA no probleme, is nobody playing NHL or is Servers simply broken ?
Message 10 of 63 (18,111 Views)