Re: NHL 17 - 15,000 gold packs

by 450Sean

Original Post

NHL 17 - 15,000 gold packs

★★ Novice

Hello,

I am playing NHL 17 in HUT mode. 

My question is: 

Do the 15,000 gold packs still have special cards in some of them, or are they all just rare and common golds from the basic set?

When I first bought the game, there were chances to get special cards or gold/carbon collectibles.  I want to make sure this is still the case before I purchase points from the store.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: NHL 17 - 15,000 gold packs

★★ Novice

Ok, so I chatted with support today and they confirmed that there are still special items, gold and carbon colletibles in the gold plus packs.

However, I am not 100% convinced because the rep originally did not understand my question and did not seem to know too much about the product.  Also felt like he was trying to get rid of me.

Here is the chat transcript:

info: Thank you for contacting us. Pratik will help you soon.  
Pratik: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Pratik, may I start with your first name please?
you: Helloo
you: I am playing NHL 17 in HUT mode. My question is: Do the 15,000 gold packs still have special cards in some of them, or are they all just rare and common golds from the basic set? When I first bought the game, there were chances to get special cards or gold/carbon collectibles. I want to make sure this is still the case before I purchase points from the store.
Pratik: Hi please start with your first name to proceed.
you: Sean
Pratik: Hi Sean !
Pratik: Seems like you are accidentally connected to the wrong queue as this the Billing Team. But within a moment I can get you connected to our In Game Team. So, May I please place this session on hold for a minute while I connect you with our In Game Team?
you: yes, sure. thank you for your help
Pratik: You're welcome
info: Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.
info: Thank you for contacting us. Swati will help you soon.  
Swati: Thanks for holding, my name's Swati, with Electronic Arts. I'll be just one more moment as I go over your case notes, then we can get started.
you: ok
Swati: Thanks for waiting.
Swati: Hi Sean, hope you are doing good.
you: yes, thank you
Swati: Can you please elaborate the Issue so that I can understand it well and will be able to provide you a better resolution?
you: I am playing in HUT mode. You earn coins when you play games, or you can buy some. There are packs that you can buy. I am asking about the gold plus packs that cost 15,000 points... do they contain any special player cards in these or are there just basic gold and rare gold players?
you: when i first bought the game, there were many special items you could recieve in the plus packs. I want to make sure they are still out there before buying packs
you: it would be helpful if there was a page where you describe what you can get in each pack
Swati: I understand this for you and thanks for reaching out to us. I have tagged the case as a feedback and this will definitely take the case to the appropriate channel.
Swati: As per your query I would like to tell you that the player which you get is a complete random thing on which no one have the control, its the server which generates the player on a random basis.
you: i understand this, but I am asking if there are still special cards in the packs and chances to get carbon or gold collectibles, etc. Someone who has played the game would know exactly what I mean
Swati: Yes, chances are still there, however it is totally depend on the luck and we cannot assure that you will surely get carbon or gold collectibles in the pack.
you: i understand that there is luck involved, I just wanted to confirm that these items are still possible to obtain in the gold plus packs.
you: many community members are waiting for this information
Swati: Yes, the chances are still available Standard smile
you: thank you. Is there a place where we can see what the odds are?
Swati: You will get all the related information into our official sites and social platforms * well.
Swati: In order to summarize the issue you have contacted us regarding pack content issue and we have provide you all the information about it.Would there be anything else that I may help you with today?
you: Swati You will get all the related information into our official sites and social platforms * well.
you: can you please provide a link to the info?
Swati: Let me check it.
you: thanks, take your time
Swati: Here we go :- https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2016/nhl-17-season-simulation
you: that link speaks about season simulation, I am referring to HUT mode. The info you mentioned is not on that page
Swati: Oh.. I am sorry.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [edit: email address removed] at the end of your chat session.
Swati: Please use this link :- https://www.easports.com/nhl/m2
Swati: Would there be anything else that I may help you with today?
you: you thank you. Is there a place where we can see what the odds are? Swati You will get all the related information into our official sites and social platforms * well.
you: I have yet to find that info on my own or with your assistance
Swati: Every information is available on our site, you can go through it. Sean, as I don't want to share any false information, I have shared our official link with you.
Swati: Apart from this is there anything else I can help you with?
you: tthe info is not there, that is why I am asking you to specifically point it out for me. Tha should not be hard if it exists
Swati: If it is not there, then you can post the same into our Forums so that our experts and other NHL players is able to answer it correctly.
Swati: We only able to provide you the information available on our sites.
you: if you dont even know if it's there or not, you shouldn't have sent me 2 irrelevant links. Thank you
you: it helps if you are familiar with the product the client is asking about. 
Message 2 of 2 (281 Views)