Re: Franchise mode crash during NHL entry draft. PS4

by mylkione

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode start draft crashes to xbox one home screen

★★★ Novice

Hmm, good thinking.

in the 2017 year, I had a player retire who was on the block and I think I left him there. no issues during that draft. I kinda thought it odd at the time that I could leave him on there...

in the 2018 year, my retired players was not on the block, and I currently I don't have any retirees on the block and it crashes.

So, based on my experience that isn't the issue but I don't remember much about that first year where my retiree was on the block. I can also confirm that no other team has a retired player on their block when it crashes.

Message 21 of 36 (4,072 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had retired players on my trading block. Entering the draft immediately and repeatedly crashes the game on my PS4; the resultant error code is CE-34878-0.

Based on also browsing reddit it seems like this is an issue for both platforms and effects many people:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/543291/franchise_draft_glitch/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/52azmu/nhl_17_crashes_on_franchise_mode_entry_draft/

Message 22 of 36 (4,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried doing some of my own troubleshooting, changing up different things prior to the draft (trading players, changing the trading block, doing a team meeting, changing finances/budgets) but to no avail. However, I noticed that there is another way my game also crashes. On the day before the draft I can go into the Activity page in franchise, but when I go to the Activity page on the day of the draft it crashes much the same way as if I had tried to start the draft.

Anyone else also have that occur?

I'm quite fed up with the lack of response on EA's behalf on this issue. I have sent another email requesting some sort of feedback or at least acknowledgement of the issue, but based on the last couple of weeks I am not expecting much...

Message 23 of 36 (4,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having pretty much the same problem as reported in the original post.

* XBox One

* NHL 17 - Franchise Mode

* 2nd Season (My club just relocated during the off-season)

* Game consistently crashes to the XBox One home screen upon trying to start the Entry Draft

It should be noted that I have another Franchise mode in progress, and it did not have the same problem, even though I also relocated them after the first year.  So either the problem is intermittent, or it only happens under specific conditions (which I have not yet been able to determine).

Message 24 of 36 (4,010 Views)

★★★ Novice
Why I is this marked as an acceptable solution? It does absolutely nothing to acknowledge the problem. I have filled out this form and so have many others and still no alnowledgement on the issue. This is seriously frustrating, especially for a long time fan of the series.
Message 25 of 36 (3,982 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yes I did but I took him off and the issue is still happening
Message 26 of 36 (3,952 Views)

★★ Novice
As of December this crash has yet to be addressed. I can only think it's related to a few things: custom rosters, relocation feature, too many players on roster (unsigned)

Has nothing to do with retirees or free agents, etc...they're clueless and grasping at straws...EA won't fix it because they're not concerned with this game...they already got their great 5 star reviews in September so now the customer can eat it.
Message 27 of 36 (3,885 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup.. EA does not care,  id be sinking 5 hours a day into franchise mode and entry drafts.. sadly i cant even do * after remaking 5 franchises, thanks ea!

As a person with atleast 15 EA games since 2010, I will no longer buy EA games besides 1 Hockey per year, 

Message 28 of 36 (3,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having same issue since this most recent update. Is there a fix?
Message 29 of 36 (3,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happens to me for PS4 but I can't even autodraft.

Message 30 of 36 (3,706 Views)