Re: Franchise Mode crashing on draft. NHL 17

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Franchise mode start draft crashes to xbox one home screen

★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: I just finished a season in the new franchise mode. I am up to the draft selection for the upcoming new season, however, each time I select start draft, the game crashes to the Xbox One home screen, quitting the game. I have tried the process numerous times, it crashes to the Xbox home screen each time. The auto draft feature works, however, I want to draft my players, as this is my favorite off-season feature. I have a created player on my franchise team (created custom player, moved player from free agents to nj devils via custom rosters, started franchise -- I have since turned the default rosters back to the Sept 9 default rosters).
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Load a custom roster with franchise mode. Win the Stanley Cup. Attempt to start draft.
What happens when the bug occurs?: The game crashes to the xBox One home/menu screen. Game ends abruptly.
What do you expect to see?: I hope to see the first draft selection.

I just finished a season in the new franchise mode.  I am up to the draft selection for the upcoming new season, however, each time I select start draft, the game crashes to the Xbox One home screen, quitting the game.  I have tried the process numerous times, it crashes to the Xbox home screen each time.  The auto draft feature works, however, I want to draft my players, as this is my favorite off-season feature.  I have a created player on my franchise team (created custom player, moved player from free agents to nj devils via custom rosters, started franchise -- I have since turned the default rosters back to the Sept 9 default rosters).

Message 1 of 36 (20,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Franchise mode start draft crashes to xbox one home screen

EA DICE Team

@totalrekal154 @IanJGStewart

Please reach out to an EA Advisor so that they can look into this for you:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

View in thread

Message 11 of 36 (19,421 Views)

All Replies

Game crashes on going into the Entry Draft with relocated franchise

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: Attempting to launch the NHL Entry Draft with my relocated franchise causes the game to crash.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: 1.) Launch Franchise Mode 2.) Select any team (and make sure Owner Open to Relocation option is open) 3.) Start relocation 4.) Sim whole first season (turn injuries off to lessen interruptions) 5.) Launch entry draft after season ends
What happens when the bug occurs?: The game freezes for a split second and then crashes and boots me back to the main PS4 menu.
What do you expect to see?: I expect to see the NHL Draft board.

No screenshots - it's just the crash screen for PS4.

Message 2 of 36 (20,370 Views)

Re: Game crashes on going into the Entry Draft with relocated franchise

Community Manager

@Whoabot

Thanks for your report.

barry.png
Message 3 of 36 (20,359 Views)

Franchise Mode crashing on draft. NHL 17

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: My Franchise Mode crashes when i go to draft on 2023 draft. I learned from konsolifin, that the same bug was on NHL16 Be a GM and occured when you simmed 3 seasons in a row without leaving the mode.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Sim 3 seasons. on Franchise Mode and try to go to the draft.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Game crashes to Xbox One main menu.
What do you expect to see?: Working game mode.

No screenshots

Message 4 of 36 (20,372 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@lake79

Thanks for your report.

barry.png
Message 5 of 36 (20,370 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ive noticed similar draft/crashing issues have been recognized by ea moderators. I'm curious if this particular issue has been received by ea moderators, and if progress is being made towards resolving the issue. Again, Franchise is the only game mode I play in my very few hours of free time. I have not played the game over five days because of this issue, and would like a tuner set released so I can resume play.
Message 6 of 36 (20,320 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing the same problem but with the 2018 draft.

Message 7 of 36 (20,334 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm only on my first season and it crashes every time I try start the entry draft. I've tried about 5 times and its always crashing at the same part.
Message 8 of 36 (20,325 Views)

★★★ Novice

Anyone heard of any progress on this issue? I'm stuck at the 2018 draft too, and it's been a week and a half since the original poster put this in. Franchise mode is the only thing I generally use this game for, so I currently have no reason to play until this issue is fixed.

Message 9 of 36 (20,165 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have not played in close to two weeks; there has been no acknowledgement made towards my initial or follow-up posts. I am very disappointed, as I am an annual ea nhl buyer. Next year I'll re-assess my willingness to preorder.
Message 10 of 36 (20,132 Views)