Re: Can not connect to opponent in any game mode

by gundamfreedomx

Original Post

Can not connect to opponent in any game mode

★★★ Newbie

This has been happening for about three days now. No matter what mode I’m in it will not connect me to an opponent just gives me failed to retrieve data. I have a very strong internet connection, and all other games (including FIFA and Madden) work just fine. This also happened about a month ago for about a week, and magically just fixed itself one day.

I have tried hard reset, wired and wireless connection, even un-installed and re-downloaded the game. No luck. This is very frustrating as all I want to do is play online, so I’m really hoping there is a solution to this. 

Message 11 of 20 (2,798 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Ea please fix your bug with not being able to connect to versus/hut/draft champions. If this issue consist I don't plan to purchase another nhl title game.

Message 12 of 20 (2,758 Views)

★★★ Novice
Seem like the only way I can play NHL17 online is if I use wifi.... it used to work before while connected through the ethernet cable. Not sure why it would stop all of a sudden. All my other games work perfectly while connected with ethernet. This is really annoying.
Message 13 of 20 (2,691 Views)

Community Manager

@R3nZo_894

Please see the article I have linked on one of the other threads you have posted on:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/NHL-17-failed-to-retrieve-data-on-wired-connection-only/m-...

barry.png
Message 14 of 20 (2,684 Views)

Re: Failed to retrieve data

★★★★★ Newbie

Im in the same boat as you..done everything with my ports and Modem and reinstall and all that Jazz.
Im also using Rogers Hitron Modem its been over a month now i cna only play EASHL

Message 15 of 20 (2,403 Views)

★ Guide

@LiquidNit3

1-you can goto BELL....

2- try a third party router and put the hiltron in bridge mode

3-you could try wireless ...it may work

it is the router!

Message 16 of 20 (2,391 Views)

★★ Novice
Same issue. Same router. Apparently it's an ipv6 issue. Rogers is one of the only company's using it.....so we can't play anyone who doesn't have it. It's ridiculous.
Message 17 of 20 (2,335 Views)

★ Novice

this * dont work one bit youre a *

Message 18 of 20 (2,164 Views)

★ Guide

Eye Bye

Message 19 of 20 (2,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah I had that error when I play Roblox sometimes :/