Re: Failed to retrieve data

by BBCxLegacy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Failed to retrieve data

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Failed to retrieve data, for over a month. Used to work after a router/console reset a MONTH ago but not anymore. I've attempted to tweet at ea support on Twitter and got no response. I've done EVERYTHING In my knowledge I can do to fix it; hard reset, router reset, DMZ, port forwarding, MAC address clear on xbox, reinstalled game, is there ANY other solution? This is getting ridiculous. I can only play eashl and every other game works just fine only NHL has this issue. Edit : my nat type is also open, I'm on Ethernet, Rogers, hitron.

Message 1 of 20 (32,555 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello! This is Blake [Edit - Admin.] I see that you are having an issue with connecting to opponents in NHL 17.

I know it can be quite frustrating dealing with connection issues as I am a gamer myself. I promise that I will do my very best to assist with this problem.

Is this issue still occurring or has the issue alleviated itself?

*If not, please make sure that you are on a WIRED connection and not wireless

Also try these steps:
CLEAR ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS

1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
4. Once the brick is Orange, start your console.

DELETE CLOUD SAVES

1. On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
3. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
4. Choose Delete everywhere.
5. Restart Console

CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE AND POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE

If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect.

Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.

Follow these steps to power cycle your Xbox One Console:
1. While the console is on, press and hold the console's Xbox button for 5 seconds.
2. The console will power down.
3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.

CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
4. Under Account, select Family.
5. Enter the password or passkey.
6. Select the account that you want to update.
7. Select the category of settings you want to update, such as Privacy & online safety.
8. Select the Adult defaults.
9. Toggle back to Child defaults and then finally back to Adult defaults once more.
10. Powercyle the console to complete the troubleshooting.

REMOVING GAMERTAG

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
4. Select Remove accounts.
5. Select the account that you want to remove.
6. Select Remove to confirm.
7. When you're finished, select Close.

RE-ADDING GAMERTAG

2. Select Sign in.
3. Scroll down to Add & Manage.
4. Select Add new.
5. Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
6. Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
7. Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
8. Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
9. Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
10. Choose your colour, and then select Next.
Note: The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
11. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.

Please attach a UOtrace to your EA Help case(follow the UOtrace instructions in the link):
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

*If these steps do not work, please recover your Gamertag on a friend's internet network and see if the issue occurs on another network.

View in thread

Message 4 of 20 (44,998 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

is ea ignoring this issue? No response on here or Twitter at all :/

Message 2 of 20 (32,466 Views)

★ Guide

same here....you need to talk to advisor.

I've tried endless steps...they have more than what u are trying maybe it will help

its a cloud save issue imo

i can play MUT but not HUT 

Message 3 of 20 (32,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello! This is Blake [Edit - Admin.] I see that you are having an issue with connecting to opponents in NHL 17.

I know it can be quite frustrating dealing with connection issues as I am a gamer myself. I promise that I will do my very best to assist with this problem.

Is this issue still occurring or has the issue alleviated itself?

*If not, please make sure that you are on a WIRED connection and not wireless

Also try these steps:
CLEAR ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS

1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
4. Once the brick is Orange, start your console.

DELETE CLOUD SAVES

1. On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
3. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
4. Choose Delete everywhere.
5. Restart Console

CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE AND POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE

If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect.

Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.

Follow these steps to power cycle your Xbox One Console:
1. While the console is on, press and hold the console's Xbox button for 5 seconds.
2. The console will power down.
3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.

CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS

4. Under Account, select Family.
5. Enter the password or passkey.
6. Select the account that you want to update.
7. Select the category of settings you want to update, such as Privacy & online safety.
8. Select the Adult defaults.
9. Toggle back to Child defaults and then finally back to Adult defaults once more.
10. Powercyle the console to complete the troubleshooting.

REMOVING GAMERTAG

4. Select Remove accounts.
5. Select the account that you want to remove.
6. Select Remove to confirm.
7. When you're finished, select Close.

RE-ADDING GAMERTAG

2. Select Sign in.
3. Scroll down to Add & Manage.
4. Select Add new.
5. Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
6. Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
7. Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
8. Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
9. Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
10. Choose your colour, and then select Next.
Note: The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
11. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.

Please attach a UOtrace to your EA Help case(follow the UOtrace instructions in the link):
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

*If these steps do not work, please recover your Gamertag on a friend's internet network and see if the issue occurs on another network.

Message 4 of 20 (44,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll try these and will let you know if they work. Ty

Message 5 of 20 (32,406 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem using the same internet provider and router, a little odd isnt it?

Message 6 of 20 (32,396 Views)

★★ Novice

remove the gamertag that worked for me

Message 7 of 20 (32,396 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Did all of these none worked Frown

Message 8 of 20 (32,369 Views)

★ Guide

i fixed mine. After trying everthing and i mean everything,What was causing my failed to retrieve data issue was my ethernet cable from xbox to router.....i tried a wireless connection and bingo i got into a game in seconds.

So try wireless....i hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 20 (32,360 Views)

Failed to Retrieve data PS4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, I'm a frequent EASHL player. I play on a league website and today my issues started. I played fine for 3 games with no issues. Then recently everyone in my party besides me can connect to the game. I've reset my playstation, reset my router, closed application, and restored licenses multiple times. None of this has helped. My friends suggested i try going in to a drop in game by myself to see if it would work. It did not work, and this is when it said "failed to retrieve data try again later". I've never had this issue before, and I'm not sure if it is just me having the issues. I thought maybe this is happening do to the upcoming update, but am looking for answers. Also I am on a wireless connection.
Thank you. 

Message 10 of 20 (32,372 Views)