Failed to retrieve data (franchise mode)

by BDangles19

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug I am unable to access franchise mode save files. I cannot save any new franchise modes either. When I select franchise mode, I receive an error message stating "failed to retrieve data; please try again later." I have reset my console. Why is it that I cannot access offline data now? Please advise. Franchise mode is my most played mode other than EASHL.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am unable to access franchise mode save files. I cannot save any new franchise modes either. When I select franchise mode, I receive an error message stating "failed to retrieve data; please try again later." I have reset my console. Why is it that I cannot access offline data now? Please advise. Franchise mode is my most played mode other than EASHL.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to access franchise mode save files. I cannot save any new franchise modes either. When I select franchise mode, I receive an error message stating "failed to retrieve data; please try again later." I have reset my console. Why is it that I cannot access offline data now? Please advise. Franchise mode is my most played mode other than EASHL.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to access my offline game files for franchise mode and to be assisted in a timely manner. I enjoy paying for NHL games each year but I expect to be able to access the full game when I do purchase from EA.

I am unable to access my franchise mode save files.  I cannot save any new franchise modes either.  When I select franchise mode, I receive an error message stating "failed to retrieve data; please try again later."  I have reset my console.  Why is it that I cannot access offline data now?

Please advise.  Franchise mode is my most played mode other than EASHL.

Message 2 of 6 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to access franchise mode save files.  I cannot save any new franchise modes either.  When I select franchise mode, I receive an error message stating "failed to retrieve data; please try again later."  I have reset my console.  Why is it that I cannot access offline data now?

Please advise.  Franchise mode is my most played mode other than EASHL.

Message 1 of 6 (1,406 Views)

Re: Failed to retrieve data (franchise mode)

★ Guide

offline saved data is still saved in the cloud....i believe.

sounds like a connection issue or HD issue.

Do you have room on your HD?

i know madden has a limit on saved franchise games.

any issue with other game modes? 

Message 3 of 6 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I deleted it " from everywhere" through my games and apps but I am still experiencing the same problem.  Offline is the only problem. My hard drive still has plenty of room.

Message 4 of 6 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wasted an hour playing a game mode that I couldn't even save.  I have already deleted it "from everywhere" through my games and apps but of course, that doesn't work.

Message 5 of 6 (1,342 Views)

★ Guide

are you able to log into a second xbox?

Message 6 of 6 (1,328 Views)