Re: Failed to Retrieve Data

by jahlen29

Original Post

★ Guide

If you check rogers forums you'll see that others have issues with the router and have fixed their issues with an aftermarket router.

I think we are at the point where supplied routers are junk for gaming(imo)...

Message 11 of 25 (1,034 Views)

Community Manager

@rUnotENTERTAlND

Thanks for posting. The Rogers/Hitron thing has popped up before: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-find-a-online-game/m-p/5590048

barry.png
Message 12 of 25 (1,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same problem!   going on 3 weeks now.  I have spoke to EA games, Xbox and my ISP.   No one has a solution.  I asked for a full refund on NHL17 and Xbox live as this is the only game I play and they gave some * that it is non refindable and "lets try and find a solution."    I have now spent hours with EA tech support with absolutely no solution.  Friggin brutal!  - I have also done a factory reset on the XBOX one, re-installed NHL 17, changed out my ISP router/modem, changed usertags.......it doesn't matter! 

* I also have Rogers, Hitron router with IPv6, located in Ottawa!    This is interesting.   Does anyone have a fix without having to purchase a new router?   I have my xbox hardwired through a switch box so you would think that would help

Message 13 of 25 (1,021 Views)

Community Manager

@horn3t08

If you can work with your ISP to disable IPv6 then yes, otherwise another router may be required.

barry.png
Message 14 of 25 (1,012 Views)

★ Guide

ya switch to BELL!!

Sorry but it seems that this issue is a ROGERS or HILTRON or MICROSOFT or it could be EA with the  issue.

Have you tried wireless??if so did you try 5g and/or  2.4g 

Message 15 of 25 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so it definitely is a ROGERS issue.  something to do with the POS modems they provide.   once I switched to bridge mode and purchased a 3rd party router, all problems were solved.   Pretty bad that Rogers provides junk routers to their customers considering how much we are charged for internet packages.

Message 16 of 25 (1,000 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for info on 3rd party router working!Im on the fence aboot getting one,but i think its time.

Message 17 of 25 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

[Comment Removed - Admin.] Rogers Enh, I have the same problem wireless or wired doesn't matter. A router reboot used to fix it but not anymore. God damn hopeless. 

Message 18 of 25 (896 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA and Rogers need to get their * together and fix this issue. I dont have time to sit on a phone for 5 hours to fix a video game they provide services for. Im not going out to spend more money on something that may or may not work. 3 weeks now i cannot connect EA has ignored all my recent phone calls and emails because they cant fix THEIR issue. Getting sick of this god damn company not owning up to their problems and mistakes for paying customers.

Message 19 of 25 (874 Views)

★★★ Novice

Both FIFA and Madden work online, I can pay NBA and COD online but NHL doesnt work. No one can give an explanation and its absolute garbage

Message 20 of 25 (873 Views)