Re: Failed to Retrieve Data

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Failed to Retrieve Data

★★ Novice

Failed to Retrieve Data

For the past 3 days I have always gotten the message "failed to retrieve data; please try again later" whenever I search for a HUT, Online Versus, or Online Shootout game.

I have an open nat type according to Xbox. I have opened all the Xbox ports and EA recommended ports for NHL 17. 

If anyone has any fixes too this problem that would be great!

Message 1 of 25 (3,591 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive also rebooted my system and router multiple times while this has been happening

Message 2 of 25 (3,576 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@furtive335

Can I ask you to make contact with an EA Game Advisor to check your account configuration please.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#

barry.png
Message 3 of 25 (3,560 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry @furtive335

What a waste of time that was.  I submitted everything and got an automated response and will not get any further information.  Barry, you have actually made the matters worse. So give us a real solution or I will make sure no one ever plays your games again.  This is a disgrace how this is being handled.  There is a not a phone number to call anyone.  Make this right

Message 4 of 25 (3,550 Views)

★ Guide

i fixed this by going wireless........and then finding out that my cable was bad.

try wireless.

Message 5 of 25 (3,515 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have been on a wireless connection from the start I had an open nat type after many hours of trying everything ea suggested I had to put my nat type in moderate, which made other games super laggy, I was finally able to play 4 or 5 games shut my Xbox if and came back again today just to have the same problem, even the support person I had talked to said that there is no more solutions for me to try to fix this game and left me with the option to spend more money to try and fix the problem
Message 6 of 25 (3,414 Views)

★ Guide

i am curious.....where are you located?what service provider?what router?

it does sound like its fixable since you have been able to play.

turn everything off.....all the things likeipods/ipads/smart TV's/phones/laptops/cpu....all the things that connect to your router.then turn off the router   wait 5 minutes...turn router on then JUST turn on your console , with nothing else turned on.

it is important in which order you turn things on...

i hope this helps.....if you tried all this,my bad. 

Message 7 of 25 (3,405 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've tried it with my Xbox being the only thing to be on my network aswell, I'm in Barrie Ontario with rogers internet with a hitron router, I just don't get why this is the only game I have played in past couple years that has givin me this much trouble just to play online
Message 8 of 25 (3,398 Views)

★ Guide

Funny how i had/have the same problem........Ontario(brampton) and guess what...rogers too and the hiltron router.

I wish the others that have this issue would post their IP provider and router.

I did find that when my router was on low security settings i had issues so i made it medium and it helped...to be honest I've tried a lot of things...EXCEPT switching to BELL,

IM in a contract with rogers Or i would switch right now....i think that a asus router may help but I'm not sure for certian

Message 9 of 25 (3,391 Views)

★ Guide

The online trouble(imo)is because of IPV4/IPV6 compatibility issues.....not saying its not EA but rather that IP/and router are not playing nice with EA's IPV4

Message 10 of 25 (3,390 Views)