by DrewGMR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EASHL NAME BUG: My actual name is deemed profain

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug NHL 13-17 will not allow me to use my actual last name as a Be A Pro last name.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Type in my last name (Bonk) into the name slots in EASHL, or regular Be A Pro
What happens when the bug occurs? Name containing profanity error pops up.
What do you expect to see? My last name being once again allowed back into the game.

My last name is part of the possible selections for the announcers to use for play by play, and is also the last name of a former NHL player (Radek Bonk). Why all of a sudden has it been deemed profain? One of the big attractions of sports games and especially these game modes is that us consumers can see our own names on the back of a jersey whilst facing opponents. I have been robbed of that feature since NHL 12.

Message 1 of 8 (3,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EASHL NAME BUG: My actual name is deemed profain

Community Manager

@DrewGMR

I do not think we will be able to change this, most likely you will need to choose another name.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (4,855 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DrewGMR

I see two possibilities, either you are prevented from using your name because of Radek Bonk or maybe because the word bonk can be a little rude in English.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

I would assume the latter of the two in which case I would like to know how to reverse this.

In nearly any given EASHL game, it is clear that much more "rude" names (most including obvious sexual or racial dennotation) make it through the Profanity parameters set by EA.

Message 3 of 8 (3,529 Views)

Community Manager

@DrewGMR

I do not think we will be able to change this, most likely you will need to choose another name.

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (4,856 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Why not? It was allowed before, and someone at EA removed it so why wouldn't they be able to add it back? Not being able to use my own name sort of defeats a major attraction of "BE" A Pro, don't you agree? 

Can it be changed for 18? The game is only in Beta right now. 

Message 5 of 8 (3,506 Views)

Community Manager

@DrewGMR

If it was there or allowed previously and then removed, I do not see that being reversed.

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (3,504 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Well I would like to atleasat try. Like I said before, it is a MAJOR aspect of the whole "BE" A Pro game modes that I cannot participate in fully as EA sports had intended. 

It'd be one thing if my last name was an ACTUAL profain word or didn't belong to a former NHL/KHL player. 

Who can I contact to help resolve? It's been 5 years for what should be a fairly simple fix.

-Drew

Message 7 of 8 (3,502 Views)

Submitting a Profain name review: My Real Last name is blocked

★★ Novice

My actual last name is blocked in the game, it started in NHL 13 onwards into this Beta. 

Last name: Bonk

Former NHL/KHL PLAYER had the name: Radek Bonk

Error is that the name is "contains profanity"

How do I submit a review of this to once again be able to use my name?

Message 8 of 8 (3,498 Views)