Card packs are not random chance

by live4emt

Original Post

Card packs are not random chance

★★★ Newbie
EA I have to say I'm disappointed! Every single year since day 1 I've bought your NHL games, the last several years I've bought multiple copies to give as gifts so I could play with family members. I also have an EA access subscription. Most years the HUT packs seem to be random chance but that certainly isn't the case this year. So far I've spent real money to buy 8-10,000 points to buy all of the special card packs and with every new special 800-1600 point pack you've released just keep getting the exact same rare players over and over again. I have quadruplets of a ton of mediocre 85-86 players. It got to the point that I will only buy 1 pack of each release because I know each pack will only have the same players in it. With this newest "winter wonder" pack that was supposed to have 12 rare players, only two were players that I didn't already have 3-4 copies of. In the last black mega packs and the red and gold ultimate packs it was again the same players over and over again. It would seem that you have a limited set of players that you intentionally put in these packs rather than random chance for every card in the game. As far as I'm concerned I might as well have burned that $150, because it certainly has been wasted here.
Message 1 of 5 (566 Views)

Re: Card packs are not random chance

Champion (Retired)

1 - open pack is just a L O T T E R Y.

2 - in NHL17 HUT , "Rare players" card begin from 85 overall.

3 - i stop donating game in nhl14. Because open pack is - evel. I just coolect coins and buy plaeyrs what i need.

Message 2 of 5 (529 Views)

Card pack scam and poor customer service

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing EA's NHL games since day 1, most years I have to buy multiple copies so others in my family can play on their own console also. I have an EA Access subscription and have bought every copy of battlefield and UFC ever released as well as tons of other EA games. Until recently I was a satisfied customer. Over the holidays I bought multiple copies of every special pack released in the hope that I'd get some decent cards, what I found was that every pack had the exact same "86-87 rare players", even the packs that said "extremely high prospects of christmas collectables" had nothing but the same cards in it that every other "special" pack had. In the end after $150 on card packs I'm left with 4-8 copies of about 6 mediocre players.

So after trying too chat with EA advisers every day for the last two weeks but never being connected to one, and my case always being marked resolved each day when no one has spoke to me, I was able to request a callback today. The agent I spoke to claimed they have received a ton of complaints about the same thing and the only thing she could offer me was a chance to post about it in the forums, apparently too may people have had the same scam experience and so they have decided no one will receive any compensation for their failed program. Guess it's time to find a new company to give my business too, maybe I should start putting my extra money into GTA or far cry instead.. 

Message 3 of 5 (520 Views)

★ Novice

Ive recently have encountered the same problem. Today there were rare packs available, 10 players all golden and all rare guaranteed. If your not familiar with the rating system that sets a floor for the worst possible player to be 85 overall and the best possible player to be 99 overall.

So ive decided to spend 30$ on 4 packs thinking this promotion was too good to pass up. The results were, you guessed it, 40/40- 85 overall players. With a decent squad i was left with nothing to do but quick sell. making 20,000 credits for 30$. On other sites for that money you can bring in 200,000 in credits. 180,000 credit difference.

Feeling ripped off i called customer service. Never the less i talked to 2 individuals whom have clearly never played the game before in their lives. The only information they repetitively kept telling me was that the players picked for packs are "random". 

Clearly they are struggling with the concept of the words meaning: "of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen."

Obviously they've never heard of a DROP RATE.  

Message 4 of 5 (472 Views)

★ Novice

In whatever Lottery you enter the odds of you winning are either given or easily calculated. 

I find the packs to be more of a scam, money grab than anything that has to do with chance.

Message 5 of 5 (467 Views)