Can't change name on player in NHL 17

by slatdogg

Original Post

Can't change name on player in NHL 17

★★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug When I try to change the name of my custom goalie, I get a message saying that profanity has been detected and to pick a different name. The problem, obviously, is that there is no profanity and the message will appear no matter what I try to type.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try creating a custom goal tender in EASHL game mode. Then try changing the name of the goal tender.
What happens when the bug occurs? See summary above.
What do you expect to see? The name should change. It should also be noted that when I try to change the name, the screen with the exception of the on screen keyboard goes black.

When I try to change the name of my custom goalie in the EASHL game mode, I get a message saying that profanity has been detected and to pick a different name. The problem, obviously, is that there is no profanity and the message will appear no matter what I try to type.  It should also be noted that when I try to change the name, the screen with the exception of the on screen keyboard goes black.

Message 1 of 3 (1,231 Views)

Re: Can't change name on player in NHL 17

★★★★★ Novice

Update: I thought the problem was only occurring with the goal tender. It is with all positions.

Message 2 of 3 (1,193 Views)

Re: Can't change name on player in NHL 17

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem
Message 3 of 3 (1,149 Views)