Re: CANNOT FIND OPPONENTS

by ThaConDon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CANNOT FIND OPPONENTS

★ Apprentice
This post is because I have spent the last 3 days in contact with Microsoft and EA about how I've done everything to make this game possibly work and it still refuses to do so. I'm playing NHL 17 HUT, a mode where putting in your money, your Xbox live membership and time to play against people online and build a team of your own.

What's most frustrating is I can play OTP I just can't find an opponent when searching for myself.

Basic troubleshooting, been there done that.
Reformatting my Xbox to its original state check.
Calling my internet service provider to make sure that it's not on their end. Check
Playing other games online perfectly fine, COD, HALO, etc. Check.
Reinstalling NHL with and without my profile being on the Xbox. Check.
Finding every last reset and clear in the Xbox main settings check.
Port forwarding, making my Xbox the host DMZ ETC ETC ETC... I've tried it all.

NHL Hut your marketplace will still let me spend my coins but when I actually want to play a game online, no can do!

This has been 3 full days with no success and I can't believe the amount of time I've spent on the phone with both EA and Microsoft now to be told I need to try my profile on a seperare Xbox... oh I should've tried my second Xbox out a long time ago... oh wait... who owns two Xboxs'

I'm missing out on TOTY, the thing HUT players look forward to most. I'm missing out on games where I could also be packing toty players but no " X failed to retrieve data; please try again later" is all I get when trying to play online HUT. This has to be fixed, we pay money for this game... a lot of money some people. And for this to happen is just beyond my comprehension...

What now EA?
Message 1 of 34 (11,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Hut is IPV4

your router does not play well with IPV4

you can goto rogers forum and see I'm right.

your options

1-Dont play HUT or VS

2-switch to BELL

3-buy 3rd party router(asus)and by-pass IPV6 in the router settings...your hiltron cannot disable ipV6.

4-going wireless has worked for me and some others

5-you could try a stricter firewall setting to block IPV6(this only worked once for me,so not sure if it really helped)

as to why it just started I'm not sure,maybe rogers updated its network in your area or your router had an update

View in thread

Message 12 of 34 (12,687 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Go wireless.....

Message 2 of 34 (11,122 Views)

★ Guide

Whats your IP provider?what router do you use?

sounds like IPV4 issue.

HUT/VS are IPV4

EASHL/OTP are IPV6

Some have issues....going wireless works for some.Using 3 rd party routers in bridged mode work for some.

Message 3 of 34 (11,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have had the same issues on and off for months. Wired vs wireless makes no difference. Any solutions they have posted (clear alternate mac address, delete cloud saves, clearing blu ray persistent storage, etc.) have only ever worked on occassion and not consistently. I would say that I am unable to play the game mode that I purchase this game for (HUT) about 80% of the time. It is ultimately frustrating, and there is no way to contact customer support.
I have owned every single EA NHL game ever made and I am strongly considering ending that streak.
Message 4 of 34 (11,114 Views)

★ Apprentice
I feel yea man, been playing this game forever would hate to see it go down like this
Message 5 of 34 (11,102 Views)

★ Apprentice
My internet and router settings are at optimized for my Xbox, and EA NHL servers IPv4 when I'm wireless open nat etc. My ping is at its worst I little high but my uo trace EA said shouldn't be the issue either. When I'm wired which shouldn't have any issues it's the same thing which wouldn't have anything to do with my IPv6 at that point. Plus the game was working pretty decently since September with the odd alternate MAC address or reboot of hut those issues are typically solved. This game is currently broken, be it the server, the update, or something I can't explain it's not through the internet when multiple people across Canada are having similar issues.
Message 6 of 34 (11,099 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm sorry if it was unclear in my post wireless wired there's no difference man, it's not my internet trust me, router is fine too might at the end of the day he my xboxs struggle to connect to EAs HUT servers but again, might as well play any other game that doesn't cause this issue but how do you just give something up youv been putting time and money into?
Message 7 of 34 (11,098 Views)

★ Guide

is your ip rogers ?is your router the hiltron?

Message 8 of 34 (11,092 Views)

★ Apprentice
Update: madden 17 ultimate team, and NBA 16 ultimate team online opponents can be found on the same Xbox same account same internet same nat same router. NHL 17 HUT, still nothing.

And yes rogers high speed 100$ a month and a black hitron router ^ to the question above
Message 9 of 34 (11,085 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yup, why Would this even be an issue though?
Message 10 of 34 (11,084 Views)