players from the same platform cannot be added to your ea friends list

by maenhadid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

players from the same platform cannot be added to your ea friends list

★★★ Newbie

I just got the game on my PC through Steam and my friend has the same setup.

Once we run the game, we try to go to friends to add each other as friends but every time I try I get this error attached (in subject also).

Anyone knows what's going on?!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (5,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: players from the same platform cannot be added to your ea friends list

★★★ Newbie
It turns out that there are 2 buttons for adding friends, "friends" for same platform and "EA Friends" for cross platform.

I had to go back to "origins" because apparently the game is playing through this software although I got it through steam. Anyways, I had to go back to Origins and add my friend from there then open the game. Once I did that I found him in my "friends" list.

But the new problem now is that I start a session and make it for friends only and he joins and he gets connected but I don't get connected and actually "lose connection".. not sure why...

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (5,611 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

PS4 player here,

@maenhadid Hello as for me I get the same problem but it doesn't show as an error message for me it is just when I view a players profile (in-game not on PS4) it doesn't show the option to friend up with them if I wanted to so I will only be able to add or follow them in my PS4 friends list outside of the game because I am on the same platform as them so it will only work for players on Xbox and PC via Steam and it works all the same on all platforms like me e.g. if you were to play this game on PS4 and another player is on PS4 then you can't friend them to be your EA friend, if you play it on Xbox it is the same, if you play it on Nintendo Switch it is the same, if you play it on PC via Steam then it is the same but you can add EA friends if you play on PS4 and the other player is Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PC then you can, if you play on Xbox then you can add PS4 players, Nintendo Switch and PC as EA friends, if you play on Nintendo Switch then you can add Xbox, PS4 and PC players and if you play on PC via Steam then you can add Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch players to your EA friends list, it is just you can't add anyone from the same platform as you in-game, you can only add them from your console friends list manually as of it is platform restricted!

Message 2 of 7 (5,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It turns out that there are 2 buttons for adding friends, "friends" for same platform and "EA Friends" for cross platform.

I had to go back to "origins" because apparently the game is playing through this software although I got it through steam. Anyways, I had to go back to Origins and add my friend from there then open the game. Once I did that I found him in my "friends" list.

But the new problem now is that I start a session and make it for friends only and he joins and he gets connected but I don't get connected and actually "lose connection".. not sure why...
Message 3 of 7 (5,612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hmmm! I don't know, maybe it is your internet connection and there is to much devices in your area that is using it and the game can't handle another player into your game because of to much internet use?

Message 4 of 7 (5,593 Views)

Why wont the game find my EA friends?

★★★ Newbie

Every time i search for an EA friend, i get the same error that they cant be found. I am typing it in exactly as it appears on their screen after it says EA ID so there shouldnt be any issues. Ive tried several friends and get the same error about how they cant be found every time. This is annoying, why wont it locate them? thers no point in playing this game if the multiplayer isnt gonna work. Is the game broken or something?

Message 5 of 7 (5,148 Views)

Re: Why wont the game find my EA friends?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@theboss1105same situation

Message 6 of 7 (4,624 Views)

Re: Why wont the game find my EA friends?

★★★ Newbie

the same probelmFrown

Message 7 of 7 (3,547 Views)