Why isn't there local multiplayer split screen on any NFS?

by Konman843

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why isn't there local multiplayer split screen on any NFS?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I now have boys and I have bragged about how much fun it is to be the cop and chase down each other on NFS III-Hot Pursuit. I have downloaded every NFS on Xbox game pass and none have had local multiplayer and I am confused on why that is? Seems crazy that 24 years ago on a Playstation, they could make it work...but they can't now? Is there any version available that allows a true split screen heck even up to 4 would be awesome.... let us play our kids and show them how we used to "run it". 

Message 1 of 3 (5,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why isn't there local multiplayer split screen on any NFS?

★★★★ Novice

@Konman843 

Split screen means that the graphics card has to do a lot more work and the code needs to handle a lot more complexity. The game could have to be less graphically impressive and that’s a problem since NFS and other newer racing games focus and compete on the level of realism they achieve visually. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,188 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

@Konman843 

Split screen means that the graphics card has to do a lot more work and the code needs to handle a lot more complexity. The game could have to be less graphically impressive and that’s a problem since NFS and other newer racing games focus and compete on the level of realism they achieve visually. 

Message 2 of 3 (5,189 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Konman843 I think Brady has some good points when he mention graffic, but also after NFS switched from track racing too open world racing.'

Yes we had some type of split screen racing in UG1 MW05 and carbon, last one had sprint races down a mountain in split screen.
But yeah i think EA dont see any profite in split screen anymore, that is why we only see it in sim games nowayday.
Message 3 of 3 (5,092 Views)