Re: Why isn't anyone remaking Need for Speed Underground 2?

by Jacobba55

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 MW510 actually had Be the Cop mode,Carbon too(online only) but neither made Be the Cop the core gameplay like HP series and High Stakes
Message 11 of 16 (1,381 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GK3512

Yeah, I'd never heard of MW 5-1-0 prior to properly browsing NFS Fandom Wikia, largely due to it being exclusively on the PSP etc. Certainly seems unique, admittedly a little different from the main game, but more of a "Most Wanted" than certain others if you catch my drift!

Pursuit Knockout and Pursuit Tag are definitely great fun too, even if only limited to online. Best alternative to "Be the Cop" for the mainstream Most Wanted 2005 I can offer is the various Challenge Series events where you can use a range of RPD vehicles. Outside of that and/or mods, not much is possible unfortunately. Which is why I do enjoy a bit of HP as well, though the weapons can be a bit excessive sometimes...

As much as I'm against the whole "megamix" idea after Heat, I'd love elements of the Hot Pursuit style to be incorporated in a Rockport based-Most Wanted game. That'll never happen though, obviously.

I do concede that HP has a special charm to it though, even if I'm not the most excited for the remaster. Long story short, I reckon we could do with more "Be the Cop" mode inclusions in the future!

Message 12 of 16 (1,375 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Im sorry i really meant Cops and robber mode for split screen MP, because i remember i played that with a friend on PS1. I cant say for sure if we had that on the pc version, because i never really checked that out.
Message 13 of 16 (1,374 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Yeah,Cop vs Racer mode never was a part of PU2000.So in that way it didn't have enough Police elements.
Message 14 of 16 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 I doubt there will be more Be the Cop/Cannonball Run NFS in the future.Judging by Paradise Remastered sales record.Which didn't outsold Paradise original even with Switch as new platform.EA always prefer the road to more money.So the HP2010 Remastered may suffer similar situation and wont lead to a new HP style game.
Message 15 of 16 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also would love to see NFS Underground series remastered for PS4/PS5 and also NFS Most Wanted Because I am a car guy as well and loved the fact of all of the customization that you could do. It was also cool to be able do this at the same time with the Fast and Furious had just come out. If this could be at all possible, I think that a lot of racing gamers would purchase them me included.

Message 16 of 16 (1,077 Views)