Re: Why isn't anyone remaking Need for Speed Underground 2?

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Why isn't anyone remaking Need for Speed Underground 2?

★★ Novice

Why on earth would you waste the time and money on remaking a hot pursuit instead of remaking one of your flagship games Underground 2?!? Very very frustrated... And I'm sure and have seen many people ask the same question. 

Sincerely,

Angry customer Angry

Message 1 of 16 (4,831 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @younomoree thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

From what I have seen a lot of people are very excited to see Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit getting a remaster,  I for one am quite excited for it and looking forward to seeing how it looks and plays.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 16 (4,778 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@younomoree Because Toyota/Lexus license problem and EAGL engine Black Box has been dropped for ages
Message 3 of 16 (4,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@younomoreeBecause Hot pursuit is much more older and sucsessful then UG, there has allways been police chases in NFS. Except from NFS2 and Porsche, yes you could play as a cop and racer in split screen only. Anyway Hot pursuit is very popular, im one of those who love play as a cop. Thats why i dident like 15 Payback and Heat, because i like too choose if i want too be a racer or a cop. PS: just so you know it before Underground launched in 2003, the game before that was ironicaly Hot Pursuit 2. So yes Black Box made one cop and racer game,before they switched too FF wannabe gangster tuner.

Message 4 of 16 (4,745 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks like I hit a nerve here with this post 🤣 I've honestly never played any of the hot pursuits. But I liked the customization factor of Underground and the graphics I feel were above par for it's time period. Just felt like this game has well deserved a reboot before any of the others, but that's just my opinion obviously.. didn't really think about the licensing part.. *sigh* oh how things have become so complicated these days............ 😒

Message 5 of 16 (4,733 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@younomoree

No need to feel that way, you've got a very valid point! Although, I would advise you to exercise caution and be pragmatic if possible.

If you didn't already know, NFS seems to be an incredibly fractured and divided community. Of course everyone has their own ideas on what makes a good game, but the divisions I'm talking about are very prominent and almost create factions within this franchise...

My first game was Most Wanted 2005, and of course I'd love nothing more than a remaster (or a remake that isn't anything like MW 2012, ugh) but I understand that Hot Pursuit has a place within the series and that there's history to be respected there. In addition to the practicality of producing it, and the need to be faithful to the original.

However, I do completely agree with you regarding the HP2010 remaster. I was slightly skeptical about it, and I still am. Especially because of the scarce changes and graphics "upgrades" where the original could be said to surpass its remaster!

Wishing you luck with the Underground remaster nonetheless.

Message 6 of 16 (4,712 Views)

★★★ Pro
@younomoree No hard feelings man, i just wanted you too know that NFS hasent allways been tuning and customazion. My point was basicly that EA should let us choose more often if we want too be a cop or racer, because i think it gets rather boring play as only racer.
Message 7 of 16 (4,703 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@BVBgamer88

Even if I am a fan of the Black Box games, I absolutely love playing as a cop anyway!

I completely agree, I'd love to have that choice more as well. Even just letting us unlock and drive a Police Cruiser with functioning lightbar etc is enough for me; a full cop career would be ideal though.

I've actually imagined a game where you'd play as the RPD (maybe even Cross!) working your way up through the ranks as a traffic cop in a Civic Cruiser, right the way to a Federal Undercover unit whilst taking down the blacklist racers one by one... Sadly it'll never happen, but if done right I think it could be truly great!

I understand what you mean about HP's history, and I quite like the subtle customization of custom colours in the remaster. Not too much, and not too little. Have a good one!

Message 8 of 16 (4,684 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 A little correction.Porsche Unleashed had Police chase but no Be the Cop mode.
Message 9 of 16 (4,602 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@younomoree There was 2 games without UG name became UG3-Carbon which was Project UG3 before rushed.NFS2015 which was essentially UG3 that reboot the series.Also there was 2 MW2 project if you are interested-Undercover the BB edition MW2 that was rushed to a failure and MW2012 which was Criterion's take on the original MW2005 story and character but was also rushed so hard Criterion fell apart in 2013 and MW2 became a rebranded Burnout Paradise modified with MW name.
Message 10 of 16 (4,600 Views)